Swings & Sunsets (5)

-Jennie-

You know how sometimes life seems to keep working in your favor, how everything just seems to be going right and then suddenly you realize how good it's been. And now you can't shake the feeling that something bad needs to happen to keep the balance or something..do you know that feeling or would it be an intuition? Someone once called it the fuckening..so yeah let's call it that. My life has been so good lately that I'm just waiting for the universe to fuck me over..again. Hopefully, it won't ever come.

"So guys.. I was thinking with the semester being a total drag, why not go somewhere after finals? To celebrate surviving another year in hell." Lisa looks at us with hopeful eyes.

"Where?"

"I don't care as long as there's a beach."

"How about LA? I have a cousin down there, so we won't have to pay for a hotel." Jisoo suggests.

"Ooh that sounds fun. The sun, the beach, Disney." Lisa sighs dreamily.

"So LA then?" Jisoo looks at all of us.

"Yep." Lisa nods.

"You two?"

"I'll only go if Rosie goes."

"Y'all clingy and it shows."

"Nah Chu it's just Jen." Lisa teases me and I throw a fry at her, "It's the truth though."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes at Lisa, turning my attention to Rosie, "So...are we going with them?"

"I uhm..I'm not sure." Rosie looks at me apologetically, and the disappointment must have been obvious on my face because she followed up with, "But maybe if I can convince the right people I can make it." Rosie smiles at me, squeezing my hand from under the table.

"Make what?" Hyeri and Ashley arrive.

"We're going to LA once break starts!" Jisoo announces excitedly.

"Everyone?" Hyeri looks at Rosie, "Do you think you can handle it?"

"Guys it's just a quick flight..I'm sure I can handle it. So help me out with mum and dad please?"

"Fine, but we'll need Aly on our side too."

"Yes!" Rosie cheers happily, looking at me with a wide child-like smile. but something about the way Rosie sounded, how both Hyeri and Ashley seemed to look at her with that same look I often find them giving Rosie..there's something up, and I'm not sure if I should feel as scared as I do.

~

-Rosie-

"There you are, we were looking everywhere for you, we know Jen's sleeping but your shoes were missing." Lisa hands me a cup of hot tea, while taking a seat next to me on the patio.

"When Chu said she has a cousin here..I didn't expect them to have a beach house on Malibu." I chuckle, while Lisa just keeps eyeing me, "What?"

"Rosie..." She sighs.

"I know you know." I look at her with a small smile.

"It was an accident..I knocked some things over on my dad's desk and.."

"It's fine Lisa, you don't have to explain yourself."

"Okay." Lisa nods, "But..are you sure about this?"

"I don't want to live off of borrowed time." I peel my eyes away from Lisa's, opting to stare out at the ocean instead.

"Rosie..."

"Don't look at me like that." I say, without sparing her a glance.

"I'm not giving you a look." She denies.