Idk.

"You're crying." She says matter of factly.

"I'm not." I deny, as I look up, trying to keep my tears at bay.

"Okay you aren't." For once she relents.

"Thank you." I try to keep my gaze off of her, but as always, I fail miserably.

"For what?" She meets my gaze. And I curse myself because a lone tear just had to fall.

"Nothing. Everything." I wipe the tear quickly, pretending to remove some dust from my eyes.

She smiles at this, "Nothing? Everything?" She says in between her cute little chuckle.

"Don't mind me...I guess I'm just being overly sensitive today." I smile and she nods.

"Aren't you a bit too young to be having a mid-life crisis?" She questions teasingly.

"Just know that I am grateful because you exist."

"Rosie." She looks at me with those sad eyes and I turn away.

"Before you go out there. Before I have to walk away. I wanted to tell you...for one last time...that I love you. And all I ever wanted was your happiness."

"My..happiness.." I hear her voice tremble a bit, the telltale sign that she's about to cry. 

"Yes, you're happiness Jen." I close the distance between us, "it's a cliché, overused line. But it's the truth and for many it's their only truth." I wipe her tears away, thankfully her makeup is waterproof.

"Is this the part where I ask if you're leaving?" She finally smiles again, her eyes going from guilt to mischief.

"No." I chuckle, "I won't be leaving. Not everything is like a scene from a movie you know. " I take a few steps back, "But I'll be taking a few steps back from you."

She frowns at this, but I know she understands with the way she has stayed rooted in her place.

"I'll see you." I nod.

"Aren't you going to...." She trails off, "can't I at least get a hug?" She lifts her arms open, and the temptation to hold her is great, but my resolve is greater.

"Maybe it's best if I just go now."

"Chaeyoung." She calls me by my Korean name.

"Yes?" I clench my fist tightly.

"I cared for you too..I hope you know that."

"I know." I nod. Your actions spoke loudly, even though your words were so silent.

"I'll be going then." I turn away, stopping right as my hand grabs the handle, "Congratulations..on your engagement." I turn back and offer her my most sincerest smile.

"Goodbye." I say, mostly in a whisper to myself.