Swings & Sunsets (4)

-Rosie-

"Boo!"

"Roseanne!!" Jennie whines, smacking my arm, "Sorry..I couldn't resist." I laugh.

"Of course." Jennie rolls her eyes at me.

"Are you still mad at me?" I stood in front of her, grabbing the chains on the swing, trapping her from running away.

"Mad? Who's mad?" Jennie questions, with a bored look on her face.

"So we're cool?" I ask.

"Yep." She nods, and I don't believe her for a second.

"If you say so." I let it go, taking the swing next to her, "Somehow it feels like it's been a while since we last watched the sunset together like this." I comment, but Jennie stays quiet.

"See you are still mad." I marched back to her.

"I'm not."

"Jennie...I'm sorry about that day and also for disappearing for a few days again."

"Not just a few...2 weeks. After that first day on campus, suddenly you're just..poof..gone."

"There was just something I had to take care of."

"And it's something you can't tell me right?"

"Jen...it's not like that."

"You know, for someone that wanted us to be friends so badly you sure don't act like it. I mean are we really friends? We practically know nothing about each other."

"Je..."

"I'm not asking you to tell me all your secrets, but it would be nice if you would let me in more."

"I'm sorry." I avoid her gaze, before looking into her eyes makes me say anything more.

"It's fine." Jennie gets up.

"Where are you going?" I frown.

"I have to be somewhere."

"But.."

"Next time." Jennie gives me a small smile.

~ ~ ~ ~

It's been 2 days since I've seen or heard from Jennie. She didn't come to the park again..she's still mad at me..maybe I should just tell her..but if I do then..No no, it's better to just keep this to myself for a bit longer.

"Rosie! You're back!" Lisa hugs me tightly, pulling me out of my stupor.

"Yeah..uhm sorry for just disappearing like that." I pat her back lightly.

"It's fine...it must have been important if you didn't reply to me at all." Lisa says, still clinging onto me.

"Yeah it's.."

"Oh good morning Roseanne, welcome back." I hear Jisoo's voice and she gives me a knowing nod.

"Hey Jisoo." I pull myself away from Lisa's arms and my eyes catch Jennie's, "Hi Jen..good morning." I smile.

"Hm." She nods.

"Are you still mad?"

"No." She replies emotionless.

"Je.." I'm interrupted by the call of my name, "ROSIE!"

"Hyeri? Ashley?" I look at my friends with wide eyes. Why are they here? How do they know I'm here? I'm doomed.

"We knew you would sneak out again." Hyeri flicks my forehead.

"Ah..guys can we.."

"Goodness Rosie..why can't you just sit still for a few more days?"