Gone -Postlude- (3)

-6 months Post Breakup-

Rosie's POV

"So how are you liking Sydney?"

"It's fine...not that much different from Melbourne." I reply, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I place some documents into my purse.

"That's good, you know we all miss you at the firm. I think dad's regretting letting you go over there to handle this case." Alice, my sister, chuckles over the line.

"I'm surprised he's the one not taking it well...I thought it would be mum." I laugh along with Alice.

"Right?! He's acting like you moved to another country and not another state."

"It's only a few months, I'm sure dad will be...oh I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I apologize, running into a woman outside the courthouse causing her to drop all her things on the ground, "I'm fine. My fault for not paying attention." She giggles lightly while bending down.

"Aly, I'll call you back." I ended the phone call with my sister, to help the woman out.

"It's my fault too for being distracted." I grab some of the papers before the wind can blow them away, "Here." I hand them to her.

"Thanks uh.."

"Oh Roseanne Park." I put my hand out, which she shakes, "Suzy Bae."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too Roseanne."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jennie's POV

"I don't know why you're making such a big issue about this? I told you that I might be late didn't I? So now why are you the one upset with me??"

"Lisa I literally sat at that restaurant for 4 hours waiting for you...do you know how many times the staff there kept looking at me with sorry eyes?! God everyone thought I got stood up! And I don't mind waiting, but the issue is you said you'd be late, but that's it. You didn't tell me how much longer you'd be at the dance studio so I figured you'd just be an hour late like you always are. Like did it not occur to you to quickly text or call??? What the hell was so important that you forgot our plans tonight?" I ask my blood boiling.

"Like I usually am? What do you mean by that? I'm not always late Jennie. It was a few times and I explained things to you, so don't make it seem like I'm some irresponsible girlfriend." She fights back.

"That's not what I'm saying." I sigh, feeling defeated...it's been like this for the past 2 weeks. The honeymoon phase quickly died down after the first week...and now 3 months in we're practically almost always about to chew each other's heads off. Goodness were relationships always this...toxic? Because even though Rosie and I fought, it was never this constant.

"Then what are you saying Jen? I'm so tired of this back and forth with you." Lisa slumps down on the couch.