Best of Me -2-

"Happy anniversary Rosie." Jennie smiles, bending down and placing a single stemmed rose in the water, "I miss you." She stands, watching as the water carefully takes the rose into the sea.

Today should have been their second year wedding anniversary, but sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to. Till now, Jennie doesn't understand why Rosie made that choice.

Jennie stayed on the shore, watching as the sun gently bade farewell, taking another day without Rosie away. They say you never know what you have until it's gone and for Jennie that's now her reality.

~

"What are you two doing here?" Jennie asks, surprised to see Jisoo and Lisa both in their PJs setting the table at her condo.

"We didn't want you to spend the night alone." Jisoo smiles, "C'mon Jen, I cooked myself." Lisa says proudly.

"Oh then maybe I should order pizza." Jennie teases, trying to show her friends that this date doesn't bother her.

"I'm hurt Jen." Lisa dramatically puts a hand to her chest, "I have you know that my cooking skills far surpasses Ro...anyone in this room." Lisa chuckles awkwardly after that save.

"Did you bring alcohol?" Jennie asks, trying so hard to keep that smile on her face.

"Just a bottle of merlot." Jisoo replies, "But maybe we'll need 2, I can go buy another bottle."

"Might want to buy a crate Babe." Lisa whispers under her breath.

"It's fine Chu, I have some. Let me wash up."

"Go for it. We'll keep the food on the stove so we can warm it up a bit."

"Thanks." Jennie nods, disappearing down the hall and into her room.

"It's still bad right?" Lisa asks softly, watching as her fiance's eyes are still locked on the direction towards Jennie's room, "It'll take time, but she'll be okay." She says with a soft smile, holding Jisoo's hand, giving it a comforting squeeze, "So don't worry too much."

"I know she will..but I also know Rosie enough to know that something must've happened before the wedding for her to just leave like that...I mean it's Rosie, she may have never admitted it out loud but well knew how she felt about Jen. So for her to just up and leave without saying anything to her family, to you, and especially to Jen..it just..there's more to it."

"And add to the fact that their families are incredibly influential with a lot of connections..if they wanted to find Rosie, they would have already found her." Lisa frowns.

"So either something did happen and is being covered up...or.."

"She doesn't want to be found." Jennie returns, wiping her hair with a towel, catching the two off guard.

"But why." Lisa couldn't help but ask.

"Lis."

"Never mind, don't answer that Jen...I'll go grab dinner. I made pad thai."

"She told me so." Jennie replies, stopping Lisa dead in her tracks.

"What?"

"Let's eat first? I'll grab more drinks."

"Uh sure." Lisa and Jisoo look at each other, both knowing it'll be a long night. But both are relieved because finally, Jennie's opening up about what happened.

~

"What do you mean by she told you?" Jisoo opens up the topic after they all finished eating, all three nursing their third drink of the night.