What Do I Call You Now? (2)

"How about layering a few different harmonies?"

"Hmm ..Can I hear it again?"

"Sure." Chaeyoung plays the audio back.

"Yeah I think it'll sound good."

"Okay, get ready for the cue."

"Got it."

The blonde was so immersed in her session, she didn't realize someone entered the studio.

"Guess who?" A soft voice whispered, shocking the blonde girl.

It can't be. Chaeyoung thought to herself, before turning around and seeing the girl she had not seen in a year, "Mina."

"Hey Chaengmunk, miss me?" Mina asks in that soft voice of hers.

"I..uh..I..how are you here? I thought you moved back to Japan for good?" Chaeyoung asks, still in disbelief.

"I did, but things happened." Mina shrugs.

"How was that?" A voice comes over the speaker, pulling Chaeyoung out of her stupor.

"I'm sorry Ryujin, let's call it a day? I'll check the layering before tomorrow."

"Sure sure." Ryujin replies, before leaving the booth, excusing herself from the two.

"New group?" Mina asks after Ryujin left.

"Yeah, nice kids. They have potential."

"Hmm coming from you then they'll definitely make it far." Mina takes the chair next to Chaeyoung.

"Can I listen to it?"

"You know how I feel about that." Chaeyoung pouts, causing Mina to laugh, pinching the other girl's cheeks teasingly, "Yes yes I know."

"Ah ah yo.."

"What are you doing to Chaeyoung?"

The two turn towards the door.

"Jwen Hwi." Chaeyoung greets her other guests, cheeks still being pinched.

"Hi." Jennie's greeting was cold as she walked towards the two, taking Mina's hands from Chaeyoung's cheeks, "Anyways, who are you?" Jennie asks, after checking on Chaeyoung's cheeks.

"A very close friend." Mina answers, throwing a wink towards the blonde's way.

"Close friend?" Jennie eyes the two.

"Yes, very close."

"Okay well, I hate to interrupt whatever is going on here but we have plans." Jennie sarcastically says, while she pulls Chaeyoung up from her seat.

"I see. Well then, I'll come by again tomorrow okay Chaengmunk?" Mina pats Chaeyoung's head before leaving the studio.

After the door shut behind Mina, Jennie releases her hold on Chaeyoung, her eyes shooting daggers towards the blonde.

"What's with the look?" Chaeyoung asks, with a small knowing smile.

"Close friend huh."

"Yes, very." Chaeyoung says in a teasing voice.

"Right, we've established that." Jennie rolls her eyes.

"Why are you so upset?" Chaeyoung asks.

"I'm not. Let's just go or else we'll be late for our dinner reservations with Jisoo and Lisa." Jennie says, beginning to walk towards the door.

"Hey hey wait." Chaeyoung stops the brunette, she really doesn't like it when Jennie is upset with her, "We're really just friends. Trust me." Chaeyoung's tone was sincere and Jennie hums in response.