A Love So Beautiful

-Year 202X-

Looking back at it makes me laugh how much she meant to me..how my whole world revolved around her, Roseanne Park Chaeyoung..my first love.

We were childhood neighbors and by default childhood friends..at least that's what my pubescent mind thought.

Goodness, I wonder what it was about Rosie that made me fall so hard...

-Year 201X: First Year High school-

"Rosie, wait for me!" Jennie yells as Roseanne peddles away, not even bothering to look back at the girl.

"Ayy... why is she so fast?" Jennie huffs, trying to paddle her shorter legs as quickly as she can, somehow catching up to the taller brunette who was cruising comfortably.

"Hehe." Jennie smiles to herself, feeling a sense of accomplishment for catching up to her childhood friend.

"Roseanne good morning." Students greeted the girl, who merely nodded in acknowledgement making a beeline for the classroom.

"Jen!" A familiar tone calls out to Jennie hooking her arm over the girl's shoulder.

"Chu!" Jennie squeals, hugging the girl tightly.

"So loud this morning." Lisa looks at the two, plopping into her seat behind Jennie, next to Jisoo.

"Ignore her, so tell me did you make any headway with." Jisoo motions towards Roseanne.

"We biked together."

"You did?!" Lisa scooches her face in between the two.

"Well she kinda went ahead, but I caught up and we arrived together."

"That doesn't count."

"It so does!" Jennie says a bit too loudly, causing everyone, including Roseanne, to look at her. "Hmmph...it does.." she pouts, leaning her chin on the table.

"Okay okay, it counts." Jisoo pats her head as the teacher, Mr. Cho walks inside.

"Alright everyone, settle down. We have a new transfer student today. Come in."

"Hi everyone, the name's Kim Doyeon and I'm the new sprinter for the track team." Doyeon smiles, introducing herself with a cheerful energy.

"You can sit next to Lisa back there." Mr. Cho points at the empty seat and Doyeon makes her way over.

"Hey." She smiles at Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie.

"So track huh." Lisa nods, "Imagine liking cardio." she jokes and the three laugh.

"Okay you four back there hush..it's time for class." Mr. Cho shoots them a warning glance.

"Hey Doyeon, join us for lunch?" Jennie turns around and Doyeon nodded enthusiastically glad to have made some friends on her first day.

~

It was the end of the day, the students in class 1-B were all outside sweeping, of course Jennie was sticking close to Roseanne.

"Rosie." Jennie whispers even though most of the students were further away, Roseanne gives Jennie a quick glance, "Hmm?" She stops and gives Jennie her full attention.

"I like you."

"I don't like you." Roseanne replies, going back to sweeping the falling leaves.

That evening Jennie goes home, googles "how to make my crush like me."

"Write a letter huh..." Jennie smiles, quickly grabbing a piece of paper.

Dear Rosie,

I know you told me that you don't like me, but that won't stop me from liking you. You make me happy Rosie..and I hope you'll let me keep liking you like how I've always had. We're not kids anymore..I know my feelings are true.