six || cat calls cause cat fights

Wednesday, September 9th- 3:24 p.m.

"He told me, and I quote, 'if you stay on the team, I will make your life a living hell'," I explained to Calum as I grabbed the books out of my locker.

I filled my backup with everything I'd need for homework tonight as Calum leaned against the locker beside me, waiting for me to be done.

"And what did you say back?" he asked with a smirk.

I took a deep breath, knowing what I said was a cocky response, but Calum would expect no less of me at this point. So I zipped up my bag, stood up straight, and threw it over my shoulder.

"That he had been doing that since the day I met him," I smiled at Cal, watching as he shook his head at me.

"Now when I told you to behave when I wasn't there to help you, what part of that didn't click?" he asked as I pulled my soccer bag from my locker.

"Not a single part of it clicked. I'll fend him off myself," I laughed as I shut my locker door, Cal pushing off the lockers beside me to walk with me.

"I could make a really good joke right now but I have a feeling I shouldn't," Calum snickered from beside me.

"Yeah, you better just bite your tongue," I fake smiled at him, walking side-by-side toward the locker rooms. "You think he will do anything today?" I asked quietly as we kept walking, not truly wanting an answer.

"Not if I'm there," Calum nudged me, trying to get me to smile. "You'll be okay. That's why I'm here." I leaned into him at his words, hiding my smile as we continued walking.

When we reached the locker room doors, Calum broke off from me and went into the boys'. I continued walking, going up to Coach's office to figure out what I'm supposed to do.

"Hey, Coach," I greeted as I entered.

He looked up from the papers on his desk, his face pulling into a smile. "Hey! I didn't know if you'd be here."

I laughed a bit. "If you think a couple of words out of Ashton's mouth will scare me off, you don't know me well enough yet." He seemed happy knowing I was resilient. He just didn't quite know why I'm like that.

"Do you know if the girls' locker room is unlocked?" I asked, trying to figure out the answer to the question that brought me in here.

"About that..." Coach responded, leaning back in his chair. "It's been so long since our school has had a girl play on the team that the locker room hasn't been touched in years. The other sports girls' teams have a specific locker room but I don't have access to them."

I felt my heart sink a bit having a feeling where this was going.

"I tried to go in earlier to clean it up but it's really, really, bad. You're welcome to go in there and try to use it if you'd like," Coach continued, biting his cheek as he started the next part. "Or you can join the guys."

We both sat in silence for a moment.

"It's technically the soccer locker room. It's co-ed since the team is, so girls are allowed in there," he continued as he drummed his fingers on the tabletop. "But I'd understand completely if you're not comfortable with that. I just don't know what else I truly can offer you."

I nodded my head as I listened to what he said.

"The boys already know you're on the team so they know you're allowed in the locker room. I can't promise they're going to be respectful about it, but I will reprimand any of them who are doing anything wrong," he added on.

The idea of changing in the same locker room as Andrew wasn't sitting well with me, but I truly didn't know what else to do. The school started locking the only bathrooms on the other end of the school at the moment the last bell rang because of kids vandalizing them, so short of pestering Luke into giving me the car keys and rolling around in the back of his Jeep to fight my jeans off, I'm kinda screwed.