sixty one || blunder

Saturday, November 7th- 2:40 a.m.

| blunder |
a bad move; primarily a move that turns a win into a loss or draw, or a draw into a loss.

× Ashton ×

I leaned back in the chair, staring at the notebook papers as I thought over it all. How did I ever let myself do this to her? She never deserved any of this, and I never deserved her.

I leaned back forward, spotting another paper under the pile I'd set down. It had her handwriting too, but it was different from the note I'd just set down.

The words if we never speak again, just remember in this moment the devil had finally killed the angel were scrawled across the top.

It was the note that went with my cassette.

I looked up to the screen above me, the same words typed across the top of the playlist displayed. I pressed the play button, wanting to understand her pain as I read through the explanation.

It wasn't like my note, rather it was scribbled song lyrics all across the paper in no specific order. I looked back up to the computer, reading through the list of songs.

Track One You Broke Me First
Tate McRae
Welp, what can I say? You broke me first, Ash.

Track Two No Time To Die
Billie Eilish
It was stupid to love you and I was reckless to help you. It had to be obvious to everybody else that I fell for a lie.

Track Three 1 step forward, 3 steps back
Olivia Rodrigo
As soon as we ever make progress, something else falls apart. I've only ever known the rollercoaster though.

Track Four What A Time
Julia Michaels feat. Niall Horan
It was a lie all along. I just didn't know yet.

Track Five Forget Me Too
Machine Gun Kelly & Halsey
This could all be so simple if we could just forget about each other, but that would be the hardest part.

Track Six i hate u, i love u
gnash feat. Olivia O'Brien
What can I say? I hate how much I love you.

Track Seven Angels Like You
Miley Cyrus
Angels like me should have never been trying to fly along with you.

Track Eight Million Reasons
Lady Gaga
You gave me so many reasons to leave, so many red flags, but you gave me just one good one to stay and I did. Now we both saw how that turned out.

Track Nine The Night We Met
Lord Huron
I wish we could go back to the night we met... even if it was that party that caused all the issues I struggle with now, at least we would be back to normal and none of this would have ever happened.

Track Ten wish i loved you in the '90s
Tate McRae
In another lifetime, Angel.

Track Eleven broken
lovelytheband
Even months later, we're still just as broken as before.

Track Twelve Stay
Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko
Funny you're the broken one when I'm the only one who needed saving.

Track Thirteen i love you
Billie Ellish
i don't want to love you.

Track Fourteen Walked Through Hell
Anson Seabra
I would have done anything for you, but in reality, you were pulling me down to hell with you.