forty || satellite

Sunday, October 25th- 1:39 a.m.

By the time we'd decided to call it a night, I'd practically fallen asleep in his arms on the hardwood floor. The game continued around us but I didn't care- cause in that moment all I needed was him to keep me happy and alive.

"Are you sleepy, Auni?" he whispered into my ear.

With my eyes still closed, I rustled against his chest, lifting the cheek that was pressed against him. I looked up to him, my eyes fluttering open as I nodded and felt the wave of tiredness take over me.

"Okay," he whispered back, slowly slipping out from behind me.

He lifted to his feet, my hands in his as he brought me up to meet him. After having kicked off my heels at my first entry, I was back to our normal height difference, and it made me smile to myself.

"Okay, guys. We're calling it a night," he announced to the team still wrapped into each other's conversations. "Don't break anything. There are two empty bedrooms upstairs for whoever claims them first. Don't drive if you drank. Just sleep on the couch. Auni set out blankets earlier for you all."

He led the way towards the stairs, my hand latched in his as I followed behind. The team called goodbyes up the stairway as we disappeared to the top floor, entering his room right away.

He locked the door behind himself. My best guess was to keep the roaming people from stumbling in here thinking it was one of the rooms up for grabs. Any non-naive girl would have guessed he was locking it so he could get in their pants, but I knew him better than that. I finally trusted you.

The first thing I did was collapse on his bed as he dug for clothes in his dresser. He had a handful of stuff when he came back to where I laid sprawled out. His hands grabbed mine by my side, pulling me so I sat up.

"Come on. You can't sleep in makeup," he said, pulling me to my feet by our interlocked hands. "Girls always say it's bad for their... something... so I can only assume."

I smiled as he pulled me across the room, one hand in mine, the other filled with a random mix of clothes. He drug me through the threshold to the bathroom, setting what he had in his hands down and letting go of mine.

He crouched down, digging through the cabinet as I leaned back against the door frame. He caught sight of me in the mirror, turning back to meet my glance before facing back forward.

"There's a shirt there for you if you want to change," he told me, looking back in the cabinet as he did.

I nodded, stepping up to the pile of clothes on the counter. I picked up the only shirt in the pile, smiling lightly to myself as his clothes had become my unbreakable habit. I was classically conditioned to his smell that lingered on my skin after I took off his clothes.

I set it back down quickly, reaching to undo the ties that I had yet to be able to get myself so many times previously. He raised back up beside me, setting whatever he had searched for on the counter.

"You want me to get them?" he quickly offered, remembering my previous struggles.

I nodded, turning my back to him as I lifted my hair out of the way. I felt the warmth of his skin against mine as he worked to undo the knot Calum had put there, watching how closely he focused through the mirror in front of me.

When I finally felt the sides of the dress grow loose, I lifted my hand to my chest to stop the top from falling when the straps lost tension. He stepped out from behind me, moving to stand beside me as he started his nightly routine.

I grabbed the shirt with one hand, slipping the straps of the dress down before working the shirt over my head. I held a hand to my chest as I slipped the other arm through the shirt, eventually lifting my hand from it as the shirt covered my body.