nine || chemical flashbacks

Friday, September 25th- 5:13 p.m.

As the next week passed, I'd actually thought my 'try harder' had gotten to Ashton- that it had actually convinced him to stop. We hit the longest point in which he hadn't made my life a living hell and I thought he'd actually given up. He hadn't treated me like absolute shit for the past couple of days and I thought we were making progress, so I started letting down my guard.

That was my first mistake.

I entered the locker room with Calum and waited for the other guys to leave like I usually did. The only thing I did differently this time was I didn't leave with Cal.

He was taking a bit longer than usual and I had watched Luke leave before anyone else, so I wanted to get out to the car quick.

"Cal, I got to go," I finally said as I had all my stuff together.

"Okay, I'll text you later," he said as I started walking out. I smiled back at him as I walked out of view.

I picked up my pace as I walked towards the door, throwing my bag farther over my shoulder as I rounded the corner to the door out. I pulled the handle, walking out as quickly as I could, almost running towards the exit.

Luke and I haven't been on the best terms lately. He's been super distant and quiet over me joining the team, so I'm trying my hardest not to make him mad.

I walked quickly, listening to the sound of my shoes hitting the floor listening closely as I heard another set of steps behind me. I ignored them, walking faster towards the door and past the random hallways I'd never been down-

And then I felt a hand cup across my mouth.

I immediately had flashbacks to the last time a hand had held my mouth like that and instinctively started screaming. I brought my hand up to the arm over my face and tried pulling it down, but the hand around my waist only grabbed tighter to keep me from escaping. They wouldn't budge. I continued fighting as they drug me backward down a hallway.  I had no clue where they were taking me. My fight or flight was in full force, but they'd eliminated all of my escapes. I screamed one last time, only to be muffled by their hand. I continued fighting until I heard a voice I recognized.

"Open the door."

Ashton.

I fought back against him even more as I recognized his voice, his grip only tightening, obviously realizing he had outed himself.

He drug me into a completely dark room, blocking my view of whoever else he had wrapped into this scheme. He turned me so I was facing the back of the room. It was too dark for me to realize what room it was, and the room was too small for my claustrophobia to not kick in.

Finally, I felt his hand leave my waist, but the one on my mouth stayed put. His voice was quiet in my ear, ringing through the small room around us.

"I warned you, Princess."

He moved slightly behind me before breaking free from my body and running out the door. I turned to sprint after him, ramming into the door as it was pulled and locked shut.

The room around me filled with complete darkness, the only thing left inside being me and my anxious thought. I reached for the door handle, fiddling it back and forth as the panic filled my veins. I felt my lungs struggle to pull in air as the room around me started closing in. The lack of noise started filling my ears, causing the repeated ringing of his words to increase.

"I warned you, Princess"

"Please," I whispered, pleaded that they-- Ashton and my thoughts included-- would let me out. I needed this to be some stupid joke, but no one responded.