eleven || dark hazel vs. authentic green

Saturday, September 26th- 10:03 a.m.

I woke up the next morning to the sun pouring through the curtains, blinding me when I opened my eyes. I rolled away from the window, rubbing my eyes to get them to adjust quicker. I sat up against the headboard, looking around the room.

It was empty?

I looked around again, expecting Ashton to be somewhere, but he was nowhere to be found. Well, at least I don't have to deal with him. I threw the covers back from my bed, wiggling out from under them so I could stand up.

Still feeling slightly uneasy about where Ashton had gone, I stopped again. I scanned the whole room, and he was still nowhere to be found. I picked up my phone, reading the time. 10:03. Maybe he already left? Thank god if he did.

I shook the feeling off, going back to remaking my bed, noting how the side he was on was already redone. I looked down at the floor to the makeshift bed I had made the night before. It was still in the same place as the night before, but the blanket was folded back up.

Eventually, I ended up rubbing my temples as my head began pounding. I had to just be overthinking this. Hell, maybe even just imagining it. He was probably just downstairs somewhere. But why would he remake my bed and clean up my room?

I shook my head to myself, grabbing my phone and a shirt, and heading toward the bathroom. As I opened my door and turned the corner, I heard a voice behind me.

"Damn, didn't know she slept with that little clothes on. I would have taken her bed." It was followed by a whistle, and it took everything in me to not turn around and pummel him.

"Fuck off, Andrew," I called back as I continued walking towards the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'd like it if you-"

"Give her a break, Andrew," a new voice cut him off.

I spun around at his entry, locking eyes with the curly-haired, hazel-eyed boy who had managed to disappear with no trace by the time I woke up. He gave me one up-and-down glance before turning back to Andrew. "It's her house after all."

He disappeared into Luke's room after that, causing Andrew to follow after him, leaving me alone.

What the fuck just happened?

Less than 24 hours ago Ashton Irwin was locking me in supply closets, giving me chemical burns. Now he was disappearing before I woke up, remaking the parts of my room he touched so it was like he was never there, and protecting me from the boy who tried to assault me months prior- the boy he let assault me.

I stood frozen as my mind replayed his words. "Give her a break, Andrew. It's her house after all." They wouldn't have had such a confusing meaning if they hadn't come from Ashton Irwin's mouth.

This is the Ashton Irwin who left me to be raped by his best friend. The Ashton Irwin who had someone else pour Gatorade over my head, tripped me during suicides, filled my locker with jockstraps, and locked me in a chemicals closet. This is the Ashton Irwin who calls me Princess cause they are pointless.

The Ashton Irwin who hated everything about me. The Ashton Irwin I hated everything about. What the hell changed between last night and now?

With Luke's room door closed, I knew I wasn't getting answers anytime soon. I turned on my heels, dragging myself into the bathroom as I had originally planned, closing the door behind me, and leaning against the wall for stability.

I stared into the mirror hanging on the opposite wall from me, looking at just how mentally drained I was. I pushed up off the wall, turning to see how red my legs still looked today. They were definitely starting to fade. As Calum said, I just needed to get it off so it wouldn't keep reacting. It just needed time to heal.