thirteen || we all have our secrets

Saturday, September 26th- 7:47 p.m.

"Your 30 minutes are up," Luke called from outside my door.

"I'm trying to get my shoes on!" I yelled back, frantically running around my room to find one matching pair.

"You always wear the same damn pair-" Luke started as he opened my door. "-to every... Woah."

I looked up at him as I finally gave up on my shoe search, frantically asking, "what?"

"If you think I'm letting you out of the house or taking you to a party with only guys like that, mom must have dropped you on your head as a baby," Luke said from my doorway.

I stood up straight, looking in the mirror on my closet door.

I have to admit, I understand what he's saying. I did look way hotter than I needed to, but what was the fun in going to a party if you couldn't drive a few guys insane?

I had put on my lace bodysuit I had bought one of the few select times I had shopped without my mom. It was sheer black, contrasting very well with my tanned skin that was visible below. It was tight, almost acting as a corset in the way it highlighted my waist. The V in the neck left my chest exposed, allowing my necklace to lay perfectly against it. My high-waisted jeans added color to the look along with a belt with a silver buckle to match my necklace. My hair laid flat against my back, fanning down over my shoulders in blond curls, and of course, the finishing touch was the sandals that I did in fact wear everywhere.

 My hair laid flat against my back, fanning down over my shoulders in blond curls, and of course, the finishing touch was the sandals that I did in fact wear everywhere

I looked back to luke, an oblivious look on my face. "What about it?" I shrugged, grabbing my phone off my bed.

"Annie, I'm not taking you looking like that," Luke told me again. I stopped and grabbed a flannel I could throw over since I knew my mom wouldn't let me out looking like this either.

Then I walked up towards the door with a mischievous look on my face. "Do you want me to go to this party?"

"Yes," he sighed, knowing I was going to win.

"And are you driving?"

"Yes," he sighed again.

"Then, yeah, you are taking me to this party looking like this, or I'm not going," I shrugged, walking out past him. I wrapped both sides of the flannel tighter around me so my mom wouldn't see what I was wearing underneath.

"Let's go, Luke," I called as I started down the stairs.

"I knew I was going to regret this," he groaned in my doorway, pulling my door shut behind him and running down the stairs after me.

"Bye, mom!" I called as I went down the hallway to the front door.

"Bye, guys," she called back. "Have fun. Text me if you're not coming home."

"Will do," Luke called as I led the way out the front door.

I skipped down the path to his Jeep, taking off my flannel when I got to it.