seventy || red card*

Wednesday, November 11th- 9:07 p.m.

With my reassurance, he closed the distance between us. Every time our lips connected, that spark for him that had burnt me previously was being reignited. This time, it wasn't burning like wildfire everywhere- he acted as phos-chek, keeping it contained so I didn't get burnt again.

He was burning himself alive to keep me safe from him.

He pushed farther into the kiss as I did too, both of us missing the way this used to feel. It didn't feel like how it used to, but it was because the pain was being contained this time. Neither of us were bound to break this time around, and that allowed it to feel newer- safer even.

He pulled back first as I begged for air again, but the smile on both of our faces were undeniable as we looked into each other's eyes.

"Angel, you're shivering," he noted as he looked down to my arm that had started shaking.

I hadn't even realized. the fire burning inside me enough to keep my internal body temperature high. "Well, I mean, it's cold and raining," I joked back.

He carried me back over towards the ladder, swimming with one arm wrapped around me since neither of us could touch. He let me go up first, climbing up out after.

Now that I was out of the water, I truly was cold, actually shivering as the rain continued to pour down on us.

He pushed me inside the cabin first, closing the glass door behind himself. He rounded up all our clothes, flagging me towards the bathroom. "Same thing as last time, go shower and get warm. I'll put our clothes in the dryer."

I nodded, running for the bathroom. I turned on the hot water, shivering in place as I waited for it to warm up.

"Throw the rest of your stuff out here too," he called from the living room as I closed the door behind me.

"Okay," I told him, kicking off my panties and unhooking my bra. I set them outside the door, immediately turning for the warm water as I called back again. "They're out there. Don't shrink them."

I heard him laugh outside the door. "I kept myself alive for years. I know how laundry works," he told me before stepping away.

"Ash, your shampoos gone," I yelled after him, noticing how the bottles that had sat there every other time were missing.

"Oh shit, yeah. It's in my car," he yelled through the house. "Give me a sec. I'll be back."

I stood in the warm water, allowing my body to warm up again as I waited for him to return. I couldn't help but think of the past memories within this shower, and how I wish I could just go back to them.

But a knock interrupted my temporary reminiscing, the bathroom door opening. Ash walked in with a backpack in hand, digging through it for the bottles he was in search of.

"Here, I just brought the whole 'impulsive trip bag'," he laughed, crouching down to the floor as he dug through it. He pulled out a shirt and boxers, throwing them up to the bathroom counter before looking for more. He finally found the shampoo I'd sent him in search of.