thirty five || just know i tried to warn you

Saturday, October 24th- 6:14 p.m.

After winning the homecoming game, the energy going into this dance and party was unmatched.

I spent the morning helping the guys prep the party at Ash's house- setting out cups and alcohol, programming the Mario Kart on the different tv while Calum fought me that I was doing it wrong (I was right), setting out all the blankets for the makeshift beds that would be made that night- everything I could to make it easier on Ash.

He was beyond stressed, bringing up how every party he'd had that I attended, I'd gotten hurt at- both at the hands of Andrew. I promised him it would be okay, that I would stick close to him this time around since I could stand his presence every once in a while now.

It seemed to ease his tension enough, that was until I had to go back home to get ready for the dance itself.

He wanted to come with me and help like I had for him all morning but I told him he wasn't allowed to see me until I was ready. I don't know. Isn't that how it works?

Since I don't have any girlfriends who I could get ready with, Calum opted to be my fill-in. He didn't truly 'help'- rather he sat on my bed and commented on the random things being said in the team group chat that I couldn't read while doing my hair- but it was the thought that counted, right?

Apparently, Luke had managed to forget his tie, the one thing he needed, so everyone was opting to meet at our house rather than Ashton's. It wasn't a huge deal, but my time got cut by a bit since they were going to be here before I would have originally had to leave, but I was going to make it work.

I was pulling on my dress when I heard Luke enter the front door, voices flowing in behind him as some of the team members filled our house.

"Yeah, you better watch yourself or he'll fuc-" Calum stopped his sentence to me as the door downstairs opened. "Oh, they're here."

I ignored his comment, watching as he got up from his spot on my bed, moving towards the door. I spun around with my hands behind my back, trying to tie the same strings I had to ask Ashton to do up for me last time.

"Can you please tie these?" I begged him, turning so he could see my predicament before he got too far out the door. "I can't reach them."

"Yeah, I got you," he told me as he walked back over towards me.

He took the ties from my hands, pulling them tight as I lifted my hair out of the way. I felt the sides of my dress pull snug as he looped the strings around each other, finally announcing, "Okay, you're good."

"Thank you," I huffed as I let my hair drop from my hand. I quickly moved to my closet, digging for my shoes.

"Do you want me to stay for anything else?" Calum asked from across the room.

My attention switched from my shoe search to him, processing his question in the moments I was finally looking at him. I shook my head. "No, you're good," I told him before immediately going back to digging for the shoes I knew were somewhere in here.

"Okay, come down when you're done then," he commented as he went towards the door. "I'll try to entertain Ashton enough that he doesn't come running up here to fuck you ove-."

I picked up a random shoe and threw it at him, hitting him in the side as he turned for the door.

"Ow!" he complained as he spun back towards me.

"Stop it with your stupid sexual comments then," I laughed back as he rubbed his arm. "Some of us do have some self-respect."

"You're trying to tell me he's not gonna try and fuck you in that?" Calum laughed back, making me roll my eyes.