sixty two || castling

FLASHBACK
Saturday, September 26th- 11:50 p.m.
| The Bet |

| Castling | a special rule that allows your king to move two spaces to its right or left, while the rook on that side moves to the opposite side of the king.

× Ashton ×

"Okay, somebody else spin, quick," Calum said from beside her.

She was trying to contain her laughs over what Luke had said, and I was trying to cover my smile with my cup from the sound of it.

She was so gorgeous. God had specifically spent extra time on her- carved out the way her cheekbones dipped, created the color of her eyes with an angel in mind, and made sure her laugh brought happiness to everyone around her like music.

She was an angel sent from heaven, a special craft of our higher-up power. She was a deity- a man's downfall in human form, and I couldn't be more thankful to even sit in her presence.

"Someone!" Calum repeated.

"Fine!" one of my defenders finally said. He leaned in, spinning the bottle before Luke and Mikey could go at each other.

She was still laughing as the bottle spun around the circle, and my eyes couldn't leave her as she did. She looked so carefree when she was drunk. She looked happy.

I was too focused on her laughter to realize when it landed on her. She took a deep breath before looking up the defender who spun it.

"Truth," she breathed out.

"Have you slept with anyone on the team?

God, why couldn't you have picked any other question?

I watched as her eyes roamed around the circle, deciding if she had slept with any of them. When she finally made it the whole way back around the circle, she broke away from who had asked it, her eyes landing on me.

"Consensually? No," she started. I felt myself sit up straighter, knowing where this was headed. Her eyes broke from mine, falling to Andrew.

"Now non-consensually? I guess that just depends on how far it has to go to be considered sleeping with them."

Andrew looked over to me as her words sunk in. I knew how much it drove him insane when she would call him out, because he refused to admit to himself that it was an assault.

I refused to look at him though, rather I stayed focusing on Annie. I know I had said before to her that what he had done to her wasn't an assault, but I don't like who I was when I said that to her- he was lying to himself to protect his friend.

There are two very different versions of me. The Ashton that respects Luke and I's deal, and the one who physically can't. The one who told her it wasn't an assault was the one why was trying too beyond hard to not break it.

I felt my jaw clench as she looked back over to me, trying to keep my mind off how badly I wanted to punch Andrew.

"Someone else spin," Mikey finally said from the edge of the circle.

Calum leaned in, spinning the bottle again to ease the tension in the room. As it continued to spin, I watched as Annie stood up from her spot in the circle.

She walked across, her steps delicate. She looked like she was floating as she moved, like every one of her steps were calculated, like the wings on her back allowed her to glide with her every move.