fifty eight || en passant

Friday, November 6th- 10:48 p.m.

| En Passant |
capturing a pawn that moved 2 spaces with a pawn that could have captured it if it had only moved 1 space

× Ashton ×

I collapsed onto the concrete path below me, all the fight I had left in me giving up as I watched her drive away. Everything I had been working for the past month to stop from happening had just unfolded in front of my eyes. All the pleas to Luke, all the begging to take it back- all of it just fell apart in front of my eyes.

And I had to stand and watch as I broke her to pieces- again.

I felt someone run up behind me. I looked over my shoulder and watched as Calum crouched down to my level. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything he was saying. My ears were ringing as I fell through the stages of grief- shock.

She always trusted Calum, even in moments she shouldn't have. I didn't want to trust anyone right now after what Andrew had just done to me, but she always saw something in Calum, so I had to too.

He spun around from behind me so he was in front now, trying to speak to me as everything fell apart. I tried to focus back on what he was saying, only catching an "are you okay?" before another voice rang out behind me.

Andrew's voice sent levels of anger through me that I couldn't explain. Every bone in my body wanted to destroy him for destroying her, and his presence made me see red. I stood up from where I sat, spinning and heading straight towards him as he came down the steps.

"I told you to do it yourself or I would," he shrugged, looking to the ground. He slowly looked back up as I reached him, at a perfect level as I collided my fist with the side of his face like I had so many times before.

This time my swing carried so much more anger. He'd just destroyed everything- her and I both included.

I didn't give him time to react before I brought my knee to his stomach, all my anger bubbling over. I continued pushing all my pain onto him in any way I could until I felt someone pull me back.

"I told you if you touched her, I'd kill you," I yelled at him, watching as he slowly got up.

Aj ran up behind him, pulling him back before I could go at it again. "And I told you if you hurt her, I'd kill you," he repeated back the same line, blood gushing from his mouth as he did.

"You never cared about her," I immediately shot back. Calum continued to pull me away from him, knowing I was a ticking time bomb.

"It wouldn't be too hard to care about her more than you right now," he said back, Aj pushing him out of the way of the stairs.

"Because you just ruined everything!" I yelled, my anger for him through the roof. "I was going to tell her once she trusted me again so I could explain it all to her right then and there, but you just ruined any chance I had of that."

"She's better off without you!" he yelled back, Calum pulling me back inside the house. "You were only going to hurt her in the end."

"She was never going to love you!" I finally snapped, saying something only he and I knew. "You're the one that broke her. She was never going to trust you."

His face dropped as soon as the words fell from my mouth, the entire team around me erupting in confused and shocked reactions.

"And now she's never going to love you, either," Andrew spoke, much calmer now that his secret was out. "You broke her too now. She's never going to trust you either- at least we're even."