seventy three || rockstar

Thursday, November 12th- 7:01 a.m.

When his dreaded alarm sound rang through his room, I felt myself audibly groan. He laughed behind me, obviously more awake than I was.

I rolled slowly, waiting for the sound to quiet, but it never did. When I finally opened my eyes, the sound stopped, Ashton falling back beside me. I leaned farther back against my pillow, not wanting to get up, but I had a feeling Ashton was a one-time alarm type person.

And I was correct.

He rolled over towards me, scaring me when I opened my eyes again and he was directly above me. He laughed again, shaking my body once with the arm he had around me before rolling to get up and announcing, "time to get up."

I rolled my eyes as I shook my head. I sat up, watching as he started to stretch now that he was out of bed. "You're a morning person, aren't you?"

He turned to look at me, a small smile on his face as a yes. "And you're a night owl."

I laughed as I rolled my neck out. "I have never met someone so like me yet such a polar opposite."

"You would never be able to deal with me if I was like you," he started, moving over towards my side of the bed to pull me up off. "Speaking from personal experience," he continued, reaching his hands out to pull me up to his level. I finally stood to my feet, waiting for the black that coated my vision to fade. It finally did, my glance falling back to his as he continued. "I can barely deal with you."

I scoffed at him, reaching to slap him in retaliation but he'd already run away with a stupid smile on his face.

"You're lucky you got away," I laughed back, running a hand through my hair as I walked over towards where he stood. "That would've hurt."

"I know," he responded, leading the way into the bathroom to brush our teeth.

He dug out my toothbrush first, handing it to me. I put toothpaste on it and handed the tube to him, putting water on my brush before bringing it to my mouth.

I watched as he put water on first, then the paste, and I felt myself silently judging him until he looked up to me.

"What the hell did you just do?" I said through a sud-filled mouth.

"What?" he hummed back, looking confused.

"Don't tell me you put the milk in before the cereal too," I shook my head in disbelief, knowing this was headed down a dangerous path.

He slowly looked away from me, like he was admitting defeat. I scoffed at him again, looking away in offense.

I pulled myself up onto the counter, watching as he finally turned back towards me again. I leaned over the sink, spitting out the toothpaste in my mouth.

"Ashton, I don't know how we're ever gonna make this work," I told him as I rinsed off my brush. "The toothpaste before water and now the cereal thing... Those are deal-breakers."

I put the brush back in the case, watching as he spit out what was in his mouth too so he could respond.

"Yeah, well then you better give me back my Guns and Roses shirt cause that one is my favorite because it actually has the roses on it," he sarcastically told me.