forty six || love languages

Friday, October 30th- 11:38 p.m.

I felt light-headed from all the energy that had just been drained from me, slowly stumbling back over towards Ashton after. He was leaned into the shower, adjusting the water temp.

He turned to look at me, holding out his hands to invite me closer. "Come here, Angel. You're okay."

I whined as I walked closer to him, watching as he stepped back into the water, pulling me along with him. I stood right outside the shower door, humming out a tired moan to show my objection. "Ash, I can't go again," I shook my head, slowly giving in and stepping inside. "I'm so tired."

"I know you are," he whispered back, pulling me into him under the water. "That's why you're gonna let me take care of my pretty girl after you were so good for me."

I hummed along, not having the energy to fight back. I stood under the warm water, finding so much comfort in this peaceful moment. He pulled me into him, using his back to shield me from the water. I used him for support to keep me standing, realizing just how drained I truly was.

"It's okay, Angel," he whispered to me, his hand running through my hair to support me emotionally while physically holding me up. "I've got you."

He slowly turned me so I was under the water, carefully leaning my head back to wet all my hair. He turned around to grab the bottle of shampoo, putting some in his hands before carefully bringing it to my head. He scrubbed lightly at my scalp, cleaning up the mess he had made. He made sure to keep it out of my eyes, turning my head slowly as he washed it out.

I smiled lightly at his action, watching how his tongue pushed against his lower lip in focus. He didn't look down on me, rather remaining focused on keeping me safe from his shampoo.

"You really don't have to," I finally spoke up, reaching my hands up to help him.

"Let me take care of you, Angel," he commented back, vetoing my offer to help. "This is my way of showing how much I l- care about you."

"What do you mean?" I cocked an eyebrow, feeling how his hands fell from my hair, getting more shampoo to scrub his own.

"Your love language is touch," he started explaining, leaning his head under the water as I stepped out of the way. "You don't know how to communicate how you're feelings verbally or acts or anything like that, you default to touch."

I cocked my head at him, trying to figure out what he meant. He stepped back up to me with conditioner in hand, running it through my hair as I turned my back to face him.

"You didn't know how to explain you trusted me other than physically, so you completely gave yourself up to me," he explained to me, my eyes fluttering closed as he did. "It's not a bad thing. There are five love languages and yours is touch. You explain everything better through physical connection than words."

"What's yours then?" I asked, turning back to face him when his hands fell from my hair.

"I don't know. I think it's a mix of a few," he told me as he rubbed conditioner through his hair. "I think it's a mix of acts of service and words of affirmation?"

I titled my head to the side again, wanting him to continue so I could fully understand.

"I explain how I feel to you through things like this," he explained, looking back up to me. "I show how much I care by recognizing how tired you are and taking care of you. It's an act of service."

I nodded, starting to wrap my head around what he was saying.

"And I tell you constantly how much I care through little words you might not catch," he continued explaining, stepping me back under the water to wash out my hair. "like Angel, and Auni, and saying I'm proud of you and that you're doing so good. They're all showing my affection."