sixty eight || capture

Wednesday, November 11th- 7:55 p.m.

| Capture |
To remove a piece from the board via a legal move

× Ashton ×

I didn't know what to do as I watched her drive away.

Obviously, my first option was to follow her, but I knew the person she was most likely trying to get away from was me.

My next option was to let her go, but we both know what happened last time when I let Angel drive away from me.

I was going to end up following her, even if it went against my better judgment. My next issue was that my keys were still sitting inside on the table. I'd left everything when I'd realized she was leaving. I just needed to know she was okay. I didn't realize she was planning on leaving.

As I walked back into the venue, back towards the table where my keys sat, I realized I had absolutely no clue where she was going. Regardless, if I got back out there as soon as I could, she already had a headstart on me, and now it was just a guessing game on my part.

The slideshow was still playing as I walked back in, yet another photo of Auni and I on screen. This one hadn't been one I's sent in, actually it was one I don't even think I've seen.

I wasn't 100% sure who had taken it, but I could remember every single part of that moment like it was yesterday

× × ×

I stood around the kitchen with Luke and Mikey, enjoying this moment of peace from everything happening.

It was nice to finally have a 'party' that was just us- Luke, Mikey, Auni, Calum, and me. I didn't have to worry about keeping her in my sight at all times because I trust every single one of them. I didn't have to worry about her getting hurt because she didn't need to drink when Andrew wasn't around.

We all stood with a slice of pizza in hand, Luke and Mikey at the kitchen island as I sat on my counter. They filled the time with random conversation about soccer, girls- truly anything that could entertain a high school guy.

"Aren't Auni and Calum going to eat?" Mikey finally spoke up, pointing out how they were the only two missing.

"At some point. They're probably playing Mario Kart," I shrugged. "Auni doesn't eat a ton anyways but she ate this morning so I'd be surprised if she ate at all tonight. I have no clue about Calum."