thirty nine || fuck, marry, kill

Saturday, October 24th- 11:47 p.m.

When we decided that night to not drink, I was almost certain it was going to be one of the most boring things to happen to me. But with him there, my life never had a dull moment. You were like the serotonin that flowed through my veins during the highs of my life, and you're every touch resparked the neurons. You had me classically conditioned to your everything- your touch, your voice, your eyes, your smell, your lips.

Your everything brought me to life.

Sitting around the circle of truth or drink this time was so different from last. For starters, there were no dares, and I wasn't drinking. For the first time in my life, I had the option to drown my pain and ignore it for just a moment but I didn't want to because he, himself, numbed it. He didn't drink either. His thoughts weren't worth stopping right now.

So we both sat, completely sober, intermixed with our drunken friends like it was any other party. I sat between his legs, my back rested against his chest as his arms held me together. Still in my skin-tight dress, he watched carefully from above to make sure my legs stayed together and no one could see up it. It was a little relieving knowing he was there to protect me. I didn't have to fear when I felt sleepy against his chest because I knew he wouldn't let anyone hurt me in those moments I did let my eyes flutter shut.

For the most part, the game kept me awake. The rowdiness of the group enough to keep my eyes wide open. The random question being thrown at me or about me kept my mind alert.

When the bottle landed on Ashton and me, Mikey- the spinner- eyed us both up to decide who takes it. Knowing the worst Mikey could do, I opted to take my turn.

"Hit me," I nodded to him, waiting for his worst.

The team had vetoed Ashton and I's pleas for our shared can of Dr. Pepper to count as our 'drink' earlier, meaning everyone was hitting us with questions we wouldn't want to answer knowing we would have to get an actual drink to avoid it.

"Fuck, marry, kill," he started. I rolled my eyes, knowing this was going downhill quickly. "Ashton, Calum, and Andrew."

I laughed a bit to myself, already knowing my answer. "Easy, kill Andrew for obvious reasons, fuck Ashton, and marry Calum in a celibate nun kinda way."

"What did I ever do?" Calum asked, his jaw a little dropped.

I felt Ashton sit up behind me, pulling me tighter to him. My best guess? I was slipping too far down and you could see up my dress. That or he was growing defensive behind me.

"You're like a brother to me. It would be like fucking Luke," I explained, pointing to my drunken brother in the corner.

I watched Calum's expression twist in disgust, finally understanding my point.

"Or you could just not kill me," Andrew spoke up from the circle.

My glance shot up to him and I opened my mouth to respond, but the voice behind me beat me to it.

"Yeah, well, if she wouldn't have, I would've."

I bit my lip at Ashton's words, thinking back to that time he'd recited something similar.

× × ×

"I told you if you touched her, I'd kill you."

× × ×

I didn't even say anything after that, rather I leaned farther back into him, craving the way I melted in his grip. Andrew chuckled from where he sat, shaking his head as he looked away.