twenty three || discovery

Saturday, October 10th- 8:17 p.m.

| Discovery |
an attack by a piece that was opened up via another piece's move.

"I know your car is lacking a lot of other fancy things, but does it at least have an aux?" I asked as I looked around for the plug-in.

"You know what, you're missing a lot of fancy things too, but I don't walk around bashing you for them," he quickly fired back, a smirk on his lips. I looked at him completely dumbfounded, not even having the mental energy to completely process his comment and form a good comeback before he continued. "But yes, it does," he told me, not moving to find it for me. I looked up at him, ignoring his previous comment and shrugging to ask where it was. "And you lost any privileges you would have had to it for yet another comment about my car."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed out a laugh as I leaned back in the seat. "Yeah, and you just lost any privileges you would have had to me for your comment."

"I thought you said I'd never be able to manipulate you into that anyways," he asked back, recalling that night at the party.

"Sure as hell didn't stop you from trying," I mumbled back, rolling my eyes lightly. I lolled my glance over towards him, noticing his stupid smile like he was proud of himself for my reaction. I shook my head and looked back forward, trying to decipher the route he was taking. "Can you at least tell me where you're kidnapping me to?" I groaned, not being able to figure it out myself.

"No," he quickly responded. "But I will feed you so I can increase your Stockholm Syndrome."

"There is not a single part of me that would ever become attached to you," I fired back with a snarky tone.

"Well, good thing I'm not kidnapping you then," he replied back, his tone the same.

We truly were so much more alike than I'd ever admit.

"Okay," he said turning off the road. I looked around and saw the red wording on the top of the building- Chick-fil-a.

I looked back over to him as he pulled into the drive-thru line. "I'm not even hungry," I told him honestly.

"I am, so you're just gonna have to come along for the ride," he said back, his playful tone contagious.

"This is it, right? You're taking me back after this?" I asked, hoping somehow this would be over soon. I didn't know what I wanted him to say more at that moment. It would be so easy for him to just say yes, and it be over with, but some part of me wanted him to say no. It hurt me more trying to figure out why I wanted him to say no than it would have just been for him to say yes.

"Nope," he answered. "So if you're planning on being hungry within the next three hours, you better get something."

I wanted to fight him on it, tell him I didn't sign up for three hours around him, but just as I opened my mouth to speak, he pulled up to the order speaker. He placed his order before looking over to me, ushering me to say mine. I stayed put for a moment until he nodded at me. The way he did it made me mad, so I leaned over the console and gave the employee my order. I got one of the small nugget meals knowing I wasn't hungry and didn't eat much even when I was. He pulled up to the window as I pulled the cash out of the back of my phone case. I was perfectly fine paying for my food, especially since this was a forced bonding experience that neither of us really wanted to participate in, but Ashton refused to let me.

"You're fine," he told me before handing the employee money.

"I really don't care, Ashton. I can pay for mine," I tried to defend.