chapter eight

The next day was pretty uneventful. Ophelia spent most of the day in the library with Lily and Peter, trying to finish the homework she had been putting off for the past few days.

Monday morning and afternoon were also quite uneventful, going to classes and getting so much homework, she knew she would be in the library a lot that year.

At dinner, however, Ophelia and Sirius stood up from their seats earlier than everyone else.

"Where are you two going?" asked James suspiciously.

"Detention with McGonagall," replied Ophelia.

On their way to her classroom, Sirius and Ophelia agreed on a most important topic.

"We can't do anything stupid this time, I don't want another detention," Sirius told her.

"If mother and father found out we've gotten two detentions in the first week back," Ophelia shuddered.

"I'm surprised they haven't found out yet. They have so many snakes here to keep an eye on us."

"Me too. I'm just so excited to get the first howler of the year!" Ophelia said, heavy sarcasm in her voice.

The two approached the transfiguration classroom and knocked on the door. The door swung open and they saw Professor McGonagall sitting at her desk.

"Oh good," she said. "Mr and Miss Black."

She stood up from behind her desk and instructed them to follow her. The three walked through a few different corridors in silence. She finally stopped outside of one of the trophy rooms.

"Now I will give you two hours to clean this room, no magic. If you want to clean longer, however, be my guest. I'll give you until the moon sets and the sun comes out. Mr. Filch has set out the cleaning supplies. I'll be back at 8 o'clock."

The twins handed her their wands and started cleaning. It was a very long two hours to Ophelia, even though she and Sirius didn't do very much cleaning. They mostly just sat around and talked, or looked through each of the trophies.

After two hours were up, McGonagall came back with their wands and gave them back. She couldn't tell much of a difference, seeing that the two barely cleaned anything, but she let them go back to their common room anyway.

They each step through the portrait hole, playfully pushing each other around. When they got to the other side, they saw James, Remus, and Peter sitting in front of the fireplace.

"Jamsie!" shouted Sirius.

"Fia get your arse over here we're talking about quidditch!" he shouted back.

"I'm on the team too you know," said Sirius.

"Yeah you can come too I guess," James joked.

The twins sat down on the couch, James making room for the pair.

"So, I was talking about tryouts," James said.

"Oh when are they?" asked Ophelia.

"I'm not sure yet, probably pretty soon though."

"Well, Sirius, we better get practicing. Now that James is the captain, he'll never let us back on the team," laughed Ophelia.

"If you kick us off of the team Prongs, I will shove your broomstick up your arse"

The entire group laughed at that, other students who overheard stared at Sirius, amused looks on their faces.

"Don't worry, I'm keeping you on the team," James started, but then fell into a whisper. "But don't tell anyone else, I don't want to seem biased. I definitely am, but other people don't need to know that."

"I never had a doubt!" said Ophelia.

"But you just said-"

"Not a single doubt"

"What about the rest of the team?" asked Sirius.

"Well, we have most of the team already. I don't see a point in getting different beaters, Brown and Bell are just fine. And for the chasers, well there's me of course, and Fawley's definitely staying on. We just need one more chaser and well have a full team."

"You know," started Ophelia. "You would never know it, but Marlene is an amazing flyer!"

"Marlene McKinnon?" asked James.

"Yeah! She never talks about it, but she's really good!"

"Good enough to be a chaser?"

"Definitely!"

"You should tell her to try out!"

"I will for sure. It might take a bit of convincing, but I promise she won't disappoint you."

"I look forward to it!"