chapter fourteen

The Gryffindors celebrated their win in their favorite way imaginable: partying.

The lively group of marauders and Ophelia rushed down to the kitchens to get some of their favorite foods.

As soon as they got to the painting of the fruit bowl, Sirius stepped up and extended his arm out, only to be grabbed by his sister,

"Sirius, maybe you should let me do it this time," she said gently.

Last time, Sirius didn't have a great encounter with the house elves. Sirius claimed that he wasn't being disrespectful to any of them, but the house elves disagreed. Knowing how he treated the house elves at home, Ophelia was less inclined to believe her brother.

Sirius gave her a dirty look but nonetheless groaned a "fine" in defeat.

Ophelia walked a few feet forwards and tickled the illustrated pear. It started to laugh, until the painting swung open, revealing a large room with many long tables, multiple fireplaces, and countless little house elves, busying themselves with tomorrow's breakfast preparation.

The four marauders stepped inside behind Ophelia, standing back and observing the scene happening.

A short little elf ran up to Ophelia. It wore an old cloth, tightly tied around them, and had big blue eyes. It stared up, and Ophelia bent down to the elf's level.

"Hi, what's your name?"

"Winnie, miss. What can Winnie get for you, miss?"

"Winnie, we're planning on having a party tonight, to celebrate a quidditch match. Would you be able to get us a bit of food that we can eat at the party?"

"Of course, miss! What food would you like? Winnie can get you anything you like!"

Ophelia looked back at the four boys, silently asking for their opinions. Sirius opened his mouth to talk, but was elbowed in the arm by Remus, who was giving him a warning look. James stepped up to Ophelia, towering over her more than usual, as she was almost sitting on the stone floor.

"Hey Winnie, I'm James. Could you send up a bit of butterbeer, and maybe some firewhiskey a little bit later on into the night? And maybe a few pizzas?" he turned back towards the group, "anything I missed?"

Sirius opened his mouth again, but this time was stopped by Peter.

"Let him talk wormtail"

"Cake!" Sirius exclaimed. "Gryffindor cake!"

"Sirius, do we really need-" Ophelia started.

"Padfoot, you're a genius! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that!"

Winnie was giving Sirius a hesitant look but turned back to Ophelia.

"Is there anything else Winnie could get for you, miss?"

"Not that I can think of right now. Thank you so much, Winnie, you've been a great help!"

"Of course, miss! Come back and visit Winnie anytime, miss!"

The group walked back through the painting of the fruit bowl and up to the grand staircase. They caught one of the moving staircases and waited patiently for it to come to a landing. Or, Ophelia waited patiently. James and Sirius were getting more restless by the minute, so when they finally got to the landing with the portrait of the fat lady, they didn't waste a moment before each shouting in sync, "Monkshood!"

The fat lady muttered something about manners, but nonetheless, swung open revealing the red and gold common room, filled with dozens of students dancing and laughing.