chapter twenty six

"Black has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins by 220-40! This means that Gryffindor has won the quidditch house cup!"

-

Up in Gryffindor tower, music was blasting, firewhiskey was spilt on the floor, everyone was having a great time.

Ophelia, Marlene, Alice, and Lily were all dancing to a popular song by a new singer called Celestina Warbeck.

"I'm gonna go get some firewhiskey," Marlene shouted over the loud music. "Ophelia, could you come with me?"

Ophelia nodded and Marlene grabbed her hand.

"Dorcas isn't going to like this," she smirked.

"What? Why?" A blush spread across Marlene's face. "Me and Dorcas aren't dating!"

"Yet," said Ophelia slyly.

"Come on dumbass."

Marlene and Ophelia, hand in hand, weaved their way through the drunk and dancing crowd of enthusiastic Gryffindors. It had been tough, as Ophelia was in the spotlight. Everyone wanted to congratulate her for winning the house cup. She politely said her thanks to almost all of them, as Marlene dragged her along. They finally got to one of the tables in the common room where there was a large supply of firewhiskey. Marlene poured herself a large cup as Ophelia scanned her eyes around the room, watching people dance, laugh, and just enjoy the party.

"Fia, do you want some?"

"No thanks Mar, you know I don't drink," said Ophelia, distracted as she watched a group of seventh year students.

The portrait hole swung open to reveal Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin.

Remus.

"On second thought," said Ophelia, and she poured herself a glass of firewhiskey as well.

"Oh my god, is this your first drink ever?" marveled Marlene.

"Yep."

"This is such an honour to be here to experience this historic moment-"

"Shut the fuck up before I splash this in your face," Ophelia laughed.

"Just drink, it's not bad I promise!"

"Alright," she said warily, but another glance towards Remus and she took a shot.

The firewhiskey burned her throat at first, which caused Ophelia to make a face, making Marlene laugh.

"That bad?"

Suddenly, Ophelia felt a warm sensation inside of her. It was nice, relaxing.

"Not at all," she grinned.

She and Marlene took another few shots together before heading back to their other two friends. Ophelia was quite intolerant to alcohol, so after just a few drinks, she became easily drunk. The room spinned around her, the music got louder, and she felt more free than she ever had before.

"Is that my sister, Ophelia Callidora Black, drinking firewhiskey?" Sirius asked, as he came over to the group of four girls.

Ophelia laughed, "Why yes it is Siri!" she yelled.

"Oh my god. You're drunk!" he laughed.

"I am not drunk!"

"Fia, you have mascara running down your face and you're literally holding onto Lily so that you don't fall over."

"I'm not drunk, Sirius, really."

"Very convincing," he said sarcastically.

"We've figured out that she's a mix between a happy drunk and a reckless drunk," said Lily, laughing at her best friend stumbling as she danced.