chapter seventy

"Move it! Move it! New couple coming through!" shouted Sirius, physically pushing younger students out of the way as the marauders and maraudettes made their way to the Gryffindor table of the great hall.

"Shut the hell up, would you?" said Ophelia, glaring at the back of his head. Remus and Ophelia were holding hands, walking behind Sirius as he made a big deal to as many people as he could. Remus stuck his leg out and kicked Sirius' butt.

"Did you just kick my arse, Phee?" asked Sirius, acting absolutely appalled.

"Ophelia Black, how dare you do that to your own brother?" asked Remus, suppressing a smirk at Ophelia's open mouth.

"I cannot believe you," she muttered.

The large group sat down at the table other than Marlene and Peter who stepped on the top, Peter trying not to step on anyone's food. Marlene accidentally placed a shoe into someone's toast, but she honestly did not care.

"Excuse us!" Peter shouted, most of the hall becoming quiet.

"Hey, that means you too Flint!" shouted Marlene. The Slytherin gave her a dirty look and continued on with his conversation.

"We would just like all of you to know that Remus Lupin and Ophelia Black are officially dating!" yelled Peter. The couple both turned red and tried to hide their faces in their hands.

"Pete, please-" whined Ophelia.

"Remelia has begun!" shouted Marlene.

"Mar!" yelled Remus.

Ophelia looked around and a good chunk of the students were watching the marauders closely, trying to see what gossip would be going around. Ophelia knew it would be about her and Remus, that much was obvious. Then, she looked up to the staff table to see every professor looking down at the two of them. She saw Professor McGonagall lean over to Dumbledore and whisper something in his ear, which made him scowl a bit. He fished around in his pockets for a few seconds before bringing out a few galleons and handing them to the transfiguration professor. McGonagall had a smug yet proud look on her face.

"What's wrong, Rosier?" called Peter, looking at the Slytherin boy who wore a face of disgust. "Got a crush on dear old Phee?"

"Ugh, as if. I find all of this incredibly obnoxious actually. You two are completely disrupting our breakfast. Can't we get one day where we eat in peace?"

"Yeah, sure. When we graduate, definitely!"

Ophelia leaned over and buried her face in the crook of Remus' neck.

"What are they doing?" she asked, trying to hide her slight amusement at the whole thing.

"Trying to embarrass us," he replied.

"Well, they're succeeding."

"Get off the table, give the newlyweds a little bit of a honeymoon period," smirked James.

"James! You are not helping!" snapped Ophelia.

"Will do, Prongsie, but we have one more thing that we wanted to do. Take it away, Mar!" Peter said, gesturing towards Marlene who was absolutely giddy.

She waved her wand and there was a loud pop, which made several people jump. Gold confetti shot out of her wand and sprinkled all around her, getting into everyone's food.

"Marlene!" Remus groaned, holding up his toast to show her the confetti that was stuck to it.

"Sorry not sorry, Rem," Marlene kicked his plate out of her path with her black boots and stepped off the table and bench. After helping Peter down, she sat down next to Remus, took a few pieces of confetti off of his toast, and started eating his breakfast.

"Excuse me. I was eating that, thank you very much," he muttered.

"I'm not sorry for that one either," she grinned, fist bumping Sirius from across the table. 

a/n: I'm sorry that this chapter is so short but I felt like I needed to update and I'm really busy with schoolwork and everything and I got a bit of free time to write :) next chapter will be longer and honestly really fun, I'm excited to write it

love you all <3