chapter fifty

10 December 1976

8:16 am

Ophelia walked up the spiral stairwell that led to the Gryffindor's boys dormitory. It was an early Saturday morning, the moon had just gone down and the sun had just barely come up, and as far as she knew, she was the only one awake. She had left all of the girls asleep in their beds and didn't see anyone in the common room at such an early time on a weekend.

She gently opened the door, careful not to make too much noise in case anyone was still asleep. Which was rather ironic since she would be waking them up anyway. To no one's surprise, she found Remus and James both awake, having a quiet conversation on Remus' bed, James laughing under his breath as to not wake the other two boys.

They looked up as the door gently creaked open, and their smiles grew as they saw who it was. She walked over to the bed, ruffled Remus' hair, and sat down. She gave James a quick hug as he kissed her lightly on the cheek.

"What are you two laughing about?" she whispered, smiling brightly.

"Moony just reminded me of last Christmas break, the Lupins all came over to my house for a few days, and one of those nights my dad and Lyall fell asleep on one of the sofas together. We found them and drew stupid stuff all over their faces. Remus actually drew a dick on his dad's face, would you ever imagine he'd have such a dirty mind?"

Ophelia laughed quietly at the boys' story, looking at Remus for a few seconds taking in the last part.

"Wow, Rem, who knew you had it in you?" she joked. Remus smirked and started to talk, to be shortly cut off by James.

"Nope, you are not saying anything more, I'm afraid the next thing that comes out of your mouth will mentally scar my Ophelia," whispered James.

"Your Ophelia? How dare you assume that she's yours? She's obviously mine, right Phee?"

"No, I'm James'. He's obviously my favorite marauder."

Remus gasped and put a shocked hand to his chest, "not even your own twin brother?"

"Sirius has a lot of issues," she deadpanned.

"Can't argue with you there."

"Speaking of my brother," she smirked and stood up off the bed, walked over to where Sirius was peacefully sleeping and flicked him in the face. He immediately shot up, glaring at whoever did that. Once he realized it was Ophelia, he rolled his eyes.

"Really?" he asked, loudly enough to make Peter stir. "I can't get five minutes of sleep without being interrupted?"

"Pads, you fell asleep at seven last night. It's been fourteen hours," said Remus.

"That's not enough. It takes a lot of hard work to look this good every day."

"You spend half an hour each morning making sure your hair 'looks right for the ladies.'"

"Emmaline likes it," he shrugged.

"Vance has been the third girl this month, and it's been nine days."

"Can we not talk about this right now?" begged Ophelia, horrified at the thought of having a discussion about her brother's sex life.

"Please," groaned Peter, sitting up in bed, wiping the blurriness from his eyes.

"Petey, did we wake you?" Ophelia asked with an apologetic look.

"Actually it was Padfoot's yelling about his hair and beauty sleep," he glared at Sirius. "Well, now that I'm up I suppose I should actually get ready for the day." He got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom where Ophelia heard the shower start running.