chapter twenty

"You bitch," roared Orion, entering into Ophelia's bedroom just minutes after she had.

"He deserved it," defended Ophelia, her voice trying not to waiver.

"You are a fucking slut, and you just proved that to every single person downstairs. Do you understand what this could do to the Black family name?"

"Yes, and I don't care!"

"Well, start fucking caring or else I might not have a daughter!"

Ophelia's eyes widened at the thought of her getting disowned. It terrified her, but at the same time, excited her in a weird, twisted way.

"You wouldn't disown me and we both know it. I'm too valuable to your fucking reputation that you'd rather turn a blind eye when I get treated as if I'm an object and then fucking torture me when I protest, than actually caring about me!"

Orion's eyes darkened, and Ophelia searched for any signs of mercy but she felt as if she was only looking into two black holes about to swallow her whole.

He harshly whipped his wand out from inside his black robes, put silencing enchantments around the room, and pointed it at his daughter.

"Turn around," he spat.

Ophelia's eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed, "no!"

Orion glared daggers at his daughter's defiance. With a slash of his wand, Ophelia was magically whipped around so that her back was facing him.

"Diffindo!"

Ophelia felt the back of her dress rip open, her back along with it. She screamed as he carved for several minutes, making a large gash across her back and digging deeper into her skin.

After many minutes, he stopped but the pain didn't.

"Do not disobey us again, Ophelia."

Ophelia had tears streaming down her face, putting all her effort in trying not to collapse to the floor.

"You will look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Quickly and shakily, Ophelia turned to face her father, whose face was dripping with rage. They stared at each other for a few moments before Ophelia had time to register the "Crucio!" that had escaped Orion's lips.

✩☾✩☽✩

Ophelia woke up to pale moonlight shining down onto her bruised and scarred face. She felt awful, she could barely breathe. Her panic increased when she heard footsteps approaching from the other side of her door, but she relaxed a bit when she recognized the footsteps as her brother's.

Regulus Black quietly opened and closed the door, making sure that neither one of his parents had heard him.

He slowly turned around and immediately started sobbing when he saw the state of his sister. She was beaten, covered in bruises and large gashes that hadn't healed yet.

"Hey Reg," Ophelia tried to smile to comfort him, but found even that was much too painful. "How long have I been out for?"

Regulus failed to meet her eyes for several seconds before whispering in a voice so low that Ophelia could barely hear it.

"Two days"

"Oh"

He slowly walked over to her bed and sat down, placed a comforting hand on her back, but immediately pulled it away when she cried out in pain.

"Fia, your back," he whispered, eyes getting wider as he saw the blood stains on her ballgown.

"I'm alright Reggie, really."