Deep breaths

tw - mentions of selfharm, mention of razors, small mention of bad eating habits
cw - ?breakdown?

you are loved and appreciated, skip this chapter if you need to - summary of chapter in case you decide to skip : George falls asleep in the bathroom and Dream returns home. Dream forces his way into the bathroom  after getting no response. George cries in his arms for awhile, Dream cleans up his cuts and talks to him.

wordcount -  1298

George ended up falling asleep against the cold bathroom wall, his eyes burned from all the crying he had been doing and he was not only mentally but physically exhausted. He didn't even realize his head was lulling and his eyelids slowly getting heavier and heavier until eventually he passed ou. The used razor was beside him on the floor, his leg still bleeding but not alot.

He'd only wake to the noise of the doorknob jiggiling, his name being called and loud, quick knocking.

He wondered how long he'd been out for, even with all the sleep he'd been getting he felt so tired, so unenergized.

"George?" There was frantic knocking, from Dream and another muffled voice from who he could only assume to be Sapnap or Bad. He was in a confused daze until he fully set to his surroundings, and what was happening outside the bathroom. He knew he messed up letting himself fall asleep.

Dream had returned home only an hour and a half after leaving. When he went into the bedroom to show George something he bought at the store, he wasn't in there so he called for Sapnap who confirmed he hadn't left his room at all. That's when they looked to the light emitting from under the bedrooms bathroom door.

After the first few knocks and complete silence, Dream became worried given the previous hints that George could be in a rough patch.

"I'm okay! Its okay." He called back in a shaky voice, quickly pushed the razor under the carpeted floor mat.

"Open the door, now." His voice was serious but soft, like he was trying to be careful with his words but get George to comply with him.

"No. Go away, I'll be out soon."

While Sapnap stood there helplessly, wondering if he should excuse himself to the other room or stay close in case anything happened, Dream pleaded for George to open the door.

George rushed to clean up his bleeding leg and get his sweatpants back up, but by time the pants were up to his knees Dream had already found his own way into the bathroom. He'd always been good at picking locks and for some reason George hadn't thought that he would go so far to do that.

He quickly tried to hide his mistakes, pulling his shirt over his knees as tears spilled down his red stained cheeks.

He really had wished this wouldn't happen, that Dream wouldn't find out and be impacted by his shit. Maybe thats what fueled the running tears and delayed breath.

"I said go away!" He shouted now, but not angirly, more in a pain soaked voice that seemed he'd been holding in for awhile.

Dream crouched besides George, wrapping his arms around him and holding him tighter than ever. They sat there for a minute before Dream looked to Sapnap, who seemed to be on the verge of tears himself, and dismissed him with a nod.

George hid his face into the fabric of Dreams shirt, crying out all the things he'd been feeling the last week or so. He hadn't been crying alot, and it felt almost therapeutic to be held in Dreams arms and just comforted by the silence. 

"C'mon, breath with me, love. " Dream took a deep breath, his chest rising, holding and falling. George repeated what he did. They went on like that for a bit, Dream would take a few breaths, George would follow and eventually he regulated his breathing.

He didn't know why how was crying so much, he didn't know why and it felt so hard to just stop. Maybe it was just the way Dream looked at him when the door first opened that broke his heart.

Dream held Georges head lightly to his chest, kissing his forehead for a moment before pulling off of him slightly.

George looked up to him as he stood up and searched upon the bathroom drawers. George thought he was looking for the razors until he turned around with some rubbing alcohol and some other cleaning stuff.

"Let me see." He said as he sat back down, setting the supplies down infront of them. George had still been covering the cuts with his shirt, he shook his head no.

"George, let me see please,"

"No I'm not wearing anything but boxers." He was obviously nervous, whether is was that he was half naked, Dream had just barged in on him in such a state or just because he didn't want to show him.

"Its nothing I haven't seen before, I won't even look there, I just want to make sure their getting cleaned properly." He reassured, no anger in his voice whatsoever ever.

George sheepishly moved the shirt and looked away, he didn't want to see wgat he had done to his leg and he didn't want to see Dream seeing it.

"Can you answer a few questions? You don't have to." He confused on pouring some of the rubbing alcohol onto a soft rag, slightly dabbing it onto his cuts. George winced and took a sharp breath, it stung like hell.

Sitting in the bathroom with Dream cleaning him up reminded him of when they first moved in, how Dream and him were making mac and cheese and he had cut his finger. Except now the circumstances were worse and a bit more depressing.

"Mhm." He responded after a moment, his eyes glued to the shower curtain besides him. He focused on the patterns, tracing them with his eyes in an attempt to take his mind off the stinging pain.

"How long have you felt like this?" He wasn't even exactly sure 'this' was. He only knew he hadn't picked up on it, and that maybe he should've given all of the obvious signs.

George seemed to think about it for a moment, he couldn't exactly remember when he'd started feeling this way again so he guessed. "I don't know, one maybe two weeks ago." He turned back for a second, but Dream brought the dampened towel back to his leg causing him to jerk his head in the other direction. He was good at being fairly quiet to the pain.

"When did you first relapse? Unless this was the first but uh.." On his leg were fairly healed ones and then fresh ones, so he doubted that this was the first.

George took a moment to compose himself, taking another deep breath. "Only last night. Or last afternoon."

"When was the last time you ate?" He looked up to George for this question, waiting for him to look back to him for an honest answer.

"I feel like I'm being interrogated." He dodged the question, turning his head back and meeting his gaze with Dreams.

"You're not. You don't have to answer, but I'd prefer if you do." He wanted him to know he had a choice in what he said, not that he was being forced.

"I don't want to answer."

Well, that definitely worried Dream more if that was even possible. He wouldn't force him to talk, but he would force food down his throat if he had to.

"One last question before we can lay down, okay?"

George nodded.

"Wheres the razor?"

--

probably not the time to say it but HAHA GET CLIFFHANGERED LOSER