the night ended with a sleepover

second to last chapter :(

wordcount - 850

Karl spun on his heel, turning to the group with a fake rat in his hands, sinister look on his face as he threw it in Sapnap and Quackitys direction. Both boys screamed and scrambled backwards, almost tripping over their on feet.

They both exchanged looks before staring down at the toy in fear. It had painted on red eyes and fake plastic whiskers. A minute passed before they realized it was fake and before Karl and both Dream and George broke out in laughing fits; although Sapnap and Quackity did not seem to be amused with straight faces.

Karl rested his arm on Sapnaps shoulder nonchalantly, still in a giggle fit and not processing Sapnaps annoyed demeanor with him. Sapnap knew he couldn't stay mad at Karl for long, but he could definitely pretend like it.

Quackity however had kicked the rat downstairs, watching without mercy as it tumbled down the stairs. It seemed he didn't like the scare very much.

"Can we just go home? I'm exhausteddd." Holding out his words overdramaticly, Sapnap rubbed his eyes. He had noticed how Dream looked fairly tired too and thought it was best everyone go and get some rest or try to relax.

George turned to Dream who nodded at him. "I mean I don't care." George said as he ended up hugging onto Dreams arm. It was comfortable and gave him something to lean his head on, Dream wrapped his arm around George with his hand on his waist.

So with the groups agreement, the feral boys started their walk back to the house. They hadn't traveled too deep into the forest, so the walk back through bushes and beaches was only about ten or so minutes. Branches and leaves crunched under their weight as they left the trees, the shine of the moonlight returning and giving them light source.

When they had returned they found the fire put out, food and blankets brought it in aswell.

Karl was the first to say something that considered Bad and Skeppy, "They probably went inside and fell asleep," He said.

"Yeah they seemed a bit tired earlier too." Dream, who had already started his and Georges walk inside, butted in. Although the very fun, unexpected and eventual day, he was tired and so was George. They had had a picnic, fell asleep in the rain, walked through the woods and were awfully worn out.

The five boys walked inside, Quackity dropping his bag on the floor and everyone kicking off their shoes. On the couch, Bad and Skeppy lay passed out, Skeppy snoring lightly and Bad somehow blocking it out peacefully.

"George!" Karl called over, setting a few nail polishes on the table. They hadn't been inside for even a minute and Karl was already eager to paint his nails, even without a sure answer. "Can I paint your nails now?"

George turned to Dream, who was getting comfortable on the couch, then back and Karl. "Sure, I guess."

George sat down onnthe other side of the table, setting his hand inrront of him and just in reach of Karl. He allowed his friend to pick out whatever colors he wanted, not really giving a mind to the whole thing. It was a nice gesture and Karl seemed to enjoy doing other peoples nails, so there was absolutely no reason not too.

Karl painted colors that alternated between fingers, one would be blue and the next one would be pink.

Watching as Karl was delicate and careful to not get paint on his skin, the color combination reminded him of cotton candy. Which also made him think about how hungry and begging for food his stomach was.

He was careful to not shake or move his hands as he turned to face Dream. "Hey, Dream,"

No answer. He seemed to be fairly focused on finding something on the television, or maybe he was just daydreaming again. It happened often.

"Dream?" Once catching his attention, Dream turned to face George with a drousey smile. While George was going to ask him if he wanted to go make popcorn or get some snacks for a movie, he recognized how sleepy he looked and didn't want to be a bother. He would've asked Sapnap if he hadn't been out cold on the comfortable recliner. Dream had always sworn on his life the chair was ugly and reminded him of a dads chair from a movie.

He figured he'd do it himself once his nails had dried, and luckily, Karl had just finished them up. It was quicker than he expected but then again, nails don't usually take very long to do.

--

The night ended with a sleepover, Karl had fallen asleep somehow sprawled out over Sapnap in the chair. Bad and Skeppy kept their place on one side of the couch as Dream and George took the other.

They lay bundled up together, intertwined comfortably. Dream was first asleep and as he slowly fell asleep. He had found his true comfort. Not the book out on the table,

Dream.