explortation

wordcount - 921 (sorry for the short chapter)

"How far back does that forest go?" Quackity asked, zipping up his guitar in its case to protect it from the cold. He then proceeded to point to the large sea of trees resided a bit behind them.

The brit furrowed his brows. "Uh..pretty far, why?" George responded with another question. He had a sneaking suspicion to what Quackity was leading to ask. The rest of the group waited for him to continue. 

A large grin from ear to ear made of his lips. "We should go explore it! It'll be fun." He put an emphasis on the word 'explore' for dramatic effect, holding his arms close to his chest in anticipation for an answer.

The group all seemed to have different reactions to this. Dream, eager and siding on the idea; as he had never actually been out in the woods behind their home. It seemed like a fun idea and he could fit in some scares. George didn't say anything yet didn't seem the fondess, most likely that it would take up so much energy to walk through the large forest. Sapnap and Karl gladly agreed on the idea and were up for an exploration. 

Bad on one hand didn't want to go due to the bugs, poison ivy, and especially since it'd be dark.

Skeppy had agreed to stay back with him at the fire if the others were going into the woods.

"Sounds kinda unsafe, don't you think?" Bad asked, hesitancy found in his voice. He wouldn't want his friends to get lost in the woods or get hurt coming back.

Karl wasted no time to reply, "No, it sounds kinda fun. We can like, ghost hunt or something." He said.

"No- there's bugs and stuff, you might get a tick."

"Bad, if you wanna stay me and you can wait here." Skeppy offered with a smile, wrapping his arm over Bads shoulders and watching as his unsure smile faded into a happier one.

Bad nodded and the others grouped up to venture into the woods.

Assumed by the others Bad and Skeppy would just hang by the fire, roast some marshmallows and hang out while they get freaked out in the forest, that held critters of all sorts and spooky noises.

So, Karl, Sapnap, Quackity, Dream amd George all started their walk to the woods, looking behind them they could see embers from the fire floating into the air, and Bad and Skeppy laying down a blanket so they could cuddle besides the fire. Their footsteps synced and they all cracked jokes on the walk into the field.

George took ahold of Dreams hand as they walked, the darkness engulfed them and the tree tops covered overhead. Leafs and branches crunched with every footstep they took, most noises and ruffles in the trees and bushes freaking then out a bit.

"Someone get their phone flashlight." Said Sapnap. He was unsure of where his phone was, remembering it last to be in his room.

With a few people patting their pockets in search for their phones, Dream had let lose of Georges hand and gotten to his phone first. Upon turning on the bright light, a few members of the group turned their heads, squinting at the blinding light.

"Yikes, sorry." Dream said to those he rubbed their eyes, but his voice was unapologetic and his chuckles sounding to his friends.

"Yeah, sureee you are." Quackity drug out the vowel in his words, right before jumping onto Sapnaps back and clinging to him like a sloth.

"Quackity get off!" Karl shouted playfully, trying to push him off of Sapnap who only stood there with a confused look, staring to Dream and George as if asking for help. George only shook his head with a laugh, turning to his boyfriend and pulling him into a quick kiss.

"No fuck off!" He only held onto Sapnap tighter, basically choking him out with his arms around his neck. 

As the three were caught up in their own stuff, Dream and George were wrapped up in eachothers arms, swaying back and forth in the hug.

Dream placed a small kiss on the top of his head. "Something wrong?" He asked, noticing how George hadn't talked much.

It was pure silence from George and pure chaos from Sapnap, Quackity and Karl. What Dream couldn't see was the grin, sneaking over Georges face.

George yelled, shaking Dream slightly and causing him to yell aswell, this grabbed the others attention from whatever shenanigans they were up to.

"What the hell!" Dream lifted his arms from George who had pulled away from the hug.

"Did I scare you?" Though maybe giving both his boyfriend and friends a heartattack, it was definitely worth their reactions.

"Did you scare me?" He repeated, "Yes you scared me! And I think you made Quackity piss himself!" While Dream seemed scared shitless, Quackity seemed even more afraid. He had been stopped in his position, staring at George with a frightened face. It seemed as if he'd just seen a ghost.

George couldn't help but start hysterically laughing at this. It wasn't his usual giggle, introverted laugh, it was louder and more genuine. He held onto Dream shoulder for support. They'd hardly been in the forest for 10 minutes and four fifths of them were already afraid, two more than the others. 

After the scare the group had continued to move on through the large woods.

-- not really a cliffhanger but HAHA CLIFFHANGER