flowers in his hair [ending]

George and Dream were the perfect couple, despite their occasional arguing, they shared amazing moments together, and ones that made both of them cry and freak out.

Life moved on, George looked into therapy and with the help of his friends aswell, his mental and physical health slowly got better.

Each holiday and birthday were spent with their friends, throwing gatherings at their comfy home.

12.24.21 - christmas eve

"Oh my god! You idiot!" His voice overpowered the light hum of christmas music playing from the speakers.

"Shouldn't have picked a fight!" Sapnaps tone was playful. He had piped the icing all over the side of Georges face, still in his hands as he ate the sweet substance from the tube.

Bad had been sitting on the counter as the others finished their gingerbread houses. Having already finished his perfectly, he was eating the candy that they bought.

Dream however was taking his time to perfect every last inch of his gingerbread home, making sure the icing was perfect inbetween the slabs of gingerbread. Seeing how good Bad had made his house, Dream wanted to make his even better. It was simple to understand, he'd always been a perfectionist. 

George turned to Bad, who's face had gone sour once George snatched some of his candy and thrown it at Sapnap. His smile alone was apologetic to Bad who had lost his candy.

"You two are so childish." Bad spoke lightheartedly with laughs, watching as George wiped off his face before immediately going back to making his masterpiece of a gingerbread house.

He side eyed Sapnap to make sure he wouldn't try anything but his gaze slowly averted to Dream and his grandeur. His skin was dusted with light freckles, his eyes perfectly shaped with a color George knew, but couldn't see. It was a deep forest green. His hair was Georges absolute favorite, a little above his shoulders and so fun to play with when he was bored, it was nicer knowing Dream enjoyed it too.

In the moment, his tounge rested in between his lips as he was concentrated. He always happened to subconsciously stick out his tounge when he was focused, George thought it made him even more adorable.

"Done!" Removing his hands from the gingerbread house as if it would break if he was anymore rough, Dream backed up and admired his creation.

Bad, Sapnap and George all leaned closer to get a view of it. The sides were seemed as if a five year old put it together, the candy door was crooked and icing looked sloppy, Dream seemed very proud of it so no one said a word about how it looked like a toddler had made it. Well, everyone but Sapnap.

"Dream, I hate to break it to you, but it looks.." He took a moment to find his words.  "..like a child made it."

"No it doesn't, it looks good." George had kicked Sapnaps shin jokingly manner, but his glare suggested it wasn't just in a playful manner.

"I for one think it looks good." Bad jumped from where he resided on the awfully tall marble counter. Getting closer to the house, he took the gumdrop doorbell off and popped it in his mouth. There was no regard to Dreams dissatisfied look.

Christmas eve ended with George and Dream bundled up on the couch, hot cocoa on the table and a sappy christmas romantic playing on the tv. Both boys were far passed out, entwined souls and shared body heat.

11.01.21 - georges birthday

"Happy birthday!" Dream said cheerfully, shaking him awake with a light grasp on his shoulders.

George sat up from the bed, stretching out his arms as he looked at Dream with a smile filled by admiration.

"Okay, I got you this, and then there's a few more things." His whole face lit up seeing how George was unable to fight the larger smile forming from his petal pink lips.

"You didn't have to,"

"I know, but here, take it." Dream interrupted, sitting besides his boyfriend on the bed and handing him a small box.

The box was a dark blue, tied by a brighter blue ribbon. It was soft to the touch, the material must've been velvet. George peered down as he untied the ribbon, opening the box his facial expression softened.

It was a necklace, shaped like a heart with the engraved date, "01.01.21" The day they had started dating. George was in pure awe, and looking back up to Dream who wore a bright smile and look of pure love in his eyes, the feeling only intensified. 

"Thank you!" George set the box down to lean forward and wrap his arms around him, the warmth embrace made him feel wanted and safe.

"Of course,"

Pulling away from the hug Dream left a kiss on his lovers forehead.

"Oh I almost forgot!" Dream said suddenly. He reached under his shirt collar, pulling out his own necklace. It was the same as Georges, the engravings on the other side of the heart. Georges heart fluttered at the gesture of matching necklaces, despite it being such a small thing.

03.12.22 - present day.

George and Dream sit under the stars, fingers intertwined and love shared.

They gazed above them, each completely silent and enjoying the comfortable atmosphere they had created for themselves. 

Flowers resided in Georges hair, a crown of them Dream had made him resting on top of his head. George turned his head to Dream only to find that he was also looking his way. They were brought into one quick kiss before only slightly pulling away; their noses and foreheads against eachother.

"Hey Dream?"

"Yeah?"

"You know, I love you so much."

.. "And I love you even more."

not a cliffhanger but..

haha cliffhanger

--

oh my god!! thank you for all the support throughout this story, it was truly a pleasure to write it. i appreciate you all so much and want to thank you for reading this book, im kinda sad about it but it had to end at some point. if you want, i have a oneshot book up and im working on stuff in my drafts, id love for you to check it out!! i love you all so much, thank you for keeping me company on this journey.  <33

hi!! me again, if you enjoyed living together i have another dnf book up right now and id really appreciate you checking it out!! <3

<3