cottage

wordcount - 964

The group walked and walked, they were in tragic need for anything interesting. So far this little expedition hasn't lead to anything necessarily fun, besides a scare and some jokes. If they had to go back to Bad and Skeppy with nothing interesting to tell them, they'd most likely get ridiculed.

"My legs hurt." Dream complained.

Sapnap shook his head,"Deal with it." His tone was playful,

With some more search and more complaining about exhaustion, they found the exact thing to spice things up further into the forest.

Surrounded by trees and wild life, an abandoned house resided. It was small, and odd to be in the middle of the forest. When the group lay eyes on the cottage, they all perked up and got excited.

"Can we go look, can we go look?" Quackity repeated, obviously eager to go explore whatever happened to be inside. No one seemed opposing to the idea, though George did seem a little skeptical; although that was understandable. Run down cottages in the middle of the woods are bound to be unsettling, whether it be because of bugs or a mass murderer lurking inside, could be either.

"I don't see why not." Sapnap took hold of his boyfriends hand, intertwining their fingers in between eachother and taking lead into the house. Karl seemed a bit hesitant to follow Sapnap in, stopping in his tracks for a split second before continuing. Then Quackity followed behind quickly a hundred percent willingly.

George turned his head up to face Dream, taking in his beautiful and soft features just as he did 24/7.

"You wanna go in?" Dream asked softly, unsure what George was feeling. His hands navigated themselves to find Georges waist, pulling him closer with a smooth motion. Both giggled a bit before George nodded.

"Well then let's get going." Gesturing towards the house with a nod, the two walked inside.

Despite their justified expectations, the cottage was fairly clean besides an overload of dust, definitely not what you would expect from the disheveled exterior.

Everyone was already off doing their own stuff. Sapnap, checking out an old bottle which was layered in dust from the past years, Quackity peering over his shoulder and observing. Karl, being Karl, was checking out a few old paintings which lay rested against the wall obviously intrigued by the aging of them.

George however, wanted to check the small upstairs. Each step creaked loudly upon the pressure, and the voices from downstairs became muffled.

It was quite interesting, dust and cobwebs all over on everything. Boxes stacked on top of eachother and old newspapers, papers and photographs littered the floor, it intrigued him how..how out of a movie the scene looked.

He traveled further in, his eyes landed on something specific. It was a stack of books. George had always had a love for reading, but never quite found the time or attention span to focus on a book.

He let himself scan over the titles but only one made him want to pick it up. It was an older romance novel, he'd recognized.

"Huh.." He let himself whisper as he brushed the dust off of it. Of course he would recognize it, Cam had given him a copy of the book for their one year anniversary. Upon the first few chapters, George had fallen in love with the book, it truly became a comfort to re-read. It was his absolute favorite, and it was unbelievable how much he related to the main character.

When he left Cam, the majority of his belongings stayed with him, George never felt at peace with confronting him about getting his stuff back. It would seem like common sense to just look the book up and order it, but despite it being such a close belonging to George, he could never remember the name of it.

He only recognized it when he saw it.

He gave a tiny laugh of disbelief but a smile of happiness, finally finding his comfort.  (besides dream) It probably would've been immoral to just take it home with him, but its not like anyone still lived there to stop him.

Behind him he felt a hand on his shoulder snap him out of his thoughts, and reasonably, he was frightened. George quickly spun around and lifted his knee up harshly, only understanding his mistake when he realized who he had just kneed in the crotch.

Dream was hunched over, staring at George with the most confused, pain filled expression. With his free hand which hadn't been holding the book, he slapped it over his mouth.

"What the fuck! Ow!" It wasn't a yell directed towards George, just a yell. George stayed quiet as his other friends came upstairs, it was probable they were alarmed by Dream yelling.

It must've only aroused unnecessary panic in Sapnap and Quackity, because Karl didn't give a thought to Dream, instead got distracted by what resided in the boxes. Without hesitantation he begun to look through everything, curiousty coursing through his viens.

"What happend?" Sapnap asked, not approaching him yet staying close to Karl.

Quackity only broke out laughing but Georges voice overpowered him. He furiously apologize to Dream who feigned a smile, although it had really hurt.

Once a minute has passed he stood normally once again. "Its okay its okay! If you wanna make it up to me though..feel free." George only scoffed, shaking his head with an amused smile.

"In your dreams."

"All I wanted was a kiss." Dreams lips turned into a fake frown, but it was true. Only a second after George quickly gave Dream a peck, not too much as they were around their friends.

"Look at this!" Karl exclaimed, catching everyone's attention.

HAHAHAH CLIFFHANGER!!