Chapter 19

"This office building is really impressive." Standing under the office building with flashing lights, Jin looked up at the windows.

"Of course, this is the headquarters of a world-renowned company. It is said that the people who can work here are all talented students of famous schools. Even the big sister who sweeps the floor is a hidden master." Yoongi's voice was filled with envy as he looked at the glittering company signboard, eyes full of undisguised admiration. "Your friend is very powerful." 

"The company is so big?" Jin had lived in a small town and later followed Hoseok. In order to make money, he entered big crews to act as a stand-in. He had no idea about the big companies.

"You don't know..." Yoongi whispered in Jin's ears. "Stars in the entertainment circle might have unlimited regard but in front of this company, none of them would dare mess around. There is a female artist called Jeon Yeo Bin who just won the Best Female Award. After hearing about the boss of this company surnamed Jeon, she bought news that she was a relative of the Jeon family, wanting to sell herself as a wealthy woman. Our company's boss had to go to his door to apologize in person. Someone like our boss met Mr. Jeon's cold shoulder several times before finally meeting him."

"So terrible?" Jin had been happy for Jungkook but now he felt some concern. How hard would it be for the employees to follow such a boss?

"You don't have to worry about your friend's working environment. There are many employees at the company's headquarters alone. Their boss' behavior might be strange but he is very good to his employees. Their benefits are well-known in the industry. Many people are proud to work for the company." Yoongi pointed to employees coming out of the company. "See, look at the way they are walking." 

"Oh." Jin looked at the white-collar workers who came and went in a hurry. "They seem really energetic." He took out his phone and sent a message to Jungkook, telling Jungkook that he had arrived downstairs.

Jungkook soon replied to his message.

Jungkook: [Wait for me.]

The elevator floor number continued to decrease. Once Jungkook came out of the elevator, the executives whispering in the hall calmed down at the same time. The entire hall instantly fell silent.

Jungkook moved through the silent hall and out the door. He saw the young man standing under the streetlights. This person's body was wrapped in thick clothes, hat and scarf covering his entire face tightly and only his pair of eyes were exposed.

The moment he looked over, Jungkook saw the exuberant vitality and smiling eyes. Jin jumped in place, waving his hand while calling Jungkook's name. He was afraid that he would cause trouble to Jungkook and quickly ran to him. "Kookie hyung, I'm back."

Jungkook's mouth moved. He didn't know how to respond to such enthusiasm. He had never experienced a person coming to pick him up from work, regardless of interests.

"How did you come out in a suit without a coat?" Jin took off his scarf and wrapped it around Jungkook's neck, reaching for his shoulder. "Walk and go to my car. The company has provided me with a car. It will be much more convenient for me to travel in the future."

Jin couldn't wait to share his car with his friend. "Unfortunately, I haven't got my driver's license. I can only trouble my assistant or the driver arranged by the company."

"Sir.." Assistant Kim held a coat and ran out. He saw Jin, eyes sweeping over the hand Jin placed on Jungkook's shoulder before smiling. "Hello."