AsaNoya

Mafia AU!
look real close at the picture, specifically Nishinoya's back...

They were an odd couple, definitely not one the rest of the Karasuno Mafia expected. Azumane Asahi, weak-willed, fearful of everything, and a big softie. Despite his mature and often considered intimidating appearance, he was less fit for his position than a teddy bear. Asahi would have left years ago, he can't handle the mafia life. But he's been here too long, knows too much to be let go. So, he is forcefully under the clasps of the Crows. 

Nishinoya Yuu on the other hand, very different. He's small and swift. He enjoys the life he has, it fuels him. He's crazy, he will do anything for those he cares about. Anything. He finds pleasure in seeing someone beg for their life, their screams, their tears, their gasps for air. 

He is the total opposite to him, and yet, they are in love. 

.

Relationships among each other were not discouraged, everyone in the inner family had a partner. However, many of the higher-ups were wary of their relationship. There was always a watchful eye on Asahi, he was believed to betray them at any moment, knowing of his hatred of this life they force upon him. Due to this, Nishinoya received many talks, about his loyalty, asking if Asahi were to leave, he would not go with him. Nishinoya always said he wouldn't, truly because he believed Asahi would never betray Karasuno, he would be too afraid. 

.

.

Sugawara Koushi was not a kind man. Asahi knew that. His charisma often deceived people of his manipulative and compulsive behaviour. 

"So, Ashley," he cooed, stroking the side of his face, making Asahi flinched. But he dared not pull back.
"Th-that's not my name," he stammered, his wide eyes flickering down to the blade in Sugawara's other hand. 

Sugawara pulled back and chuckled darkly, "Look at him Daichi! He really thinks he can correct me!" His voice was cold and teasing, it made Asahi's skin crawl and his stomach turn. 
"Dear, he must be taught to not disrespect you," Daichi said, not taking his dark eyes off him. 

Sugawara turned back to Asahi, an evil glint in his eyes. He brought the blade to Asahi's face, gently scraping the skin along his cheek, slowly trailing down his neck.

"Ashely, you're already on thin ice, don't test me," he leaned in close, his breath tickling Asahi's ear, "I call you whatever I want, remember?"
"Y-yes."
"Yes, what?"
"Y-yes, sir."
"Good boy, you're going to behave aren't you? I wouldn't want to have to kill you."

Asahi gulped, "I-I will be good."
"Hmm, excellent. Also, one more thing..." Sugawara trailed off, leaning back and twirling the blade around in his fingers.
"What...what is it?" he asked, voice trembling.
"End the relationship you have with Nishinoya Yuu, immediately."

His eyes widened, his mouth gaped, "Wh-what? Why?"
"Noya's one of the best we've got. He's got a lot of potential. We don't want him influenced by your pathetic tendencies. What if he joined you and rebelled against us? That wouldn't be good, now would it? So you're going to do exactly what we say, we can't afford to lose him to the likes of you."

Asahi couldn't even get the words out. It was all his fault. He was the idiot who made a foolish deal with Sugawara Koushi when he was 18 that dragged him into this world, that he is forbidden to leave. 

Sugawara suddenly grabbed Asahi's shirt and pulled him close, his chestnut eyes were wide and full of false innocence. 

"Why do you want to leave so bad Ashley? After all I've done for you, I saved you...and this is how you treat me?"
"I'm sorry," he whispered. 
"Just be a good boy and do what we say. Break with him, if we catch you ever speaking to him again after that," the blade grazed his heart, "you know what'll happen."

.

A/N: Suga pls rail me

.

Asahi's entire body was trembling as he walked out of the office. He felt as though everyone's eyes were on him, piercing through his soul. He wanted to cry. Everyone here hated him. Everyone thought he was a traitor, stupid for wanting to leave. Everyone hated him...

Except for him.

Except for Nishinoya Yuu.

But now? That didn't matter. He would hate him too now.

But...what if there was something he could do? He could take Nishinoya to where there is no security camera's and explain the situation to him. Would that work? What if it didn't, and Sugawara and Daichi found out?

He was having such an internal battle with himself that he didn't notice he was about to run into someone.

"Asahi!" he looked up suddenly, Nishinoya was inches away from him.
"Oh, Noya, I'm sorry, I didn't see you."
"It's fine!" he replied, smiling. 
"I-I need to talk to you...in private," Asahi murmured.
"Sure, about what?"
"I...let's just go down to the basement."
"The basement, why?"
"Don't ask."

It's the only room in the mansion he was sure didn't have camera's, not even the bathrooms were safe.

Nishinoya followed Asahi down to the basement, he was confused and wondering why Asahi was acting so weird. When they were finally there, Asahi closed the door and exhaled deeply.

"So, gonna tell me what's going on?"
"I...Daichi and Sugawara want me to break up with you," he rushed out.
"What...why? Our relationship has literally nothing to do with them."
"I don't know, but I'm too afraid to go against them."
Noya crossed his arms over his chest, "You know the reason, tell me. I hate liars, you know that."
"Th-they don't want me influencing you Noya. You know everyone hates me. They-"
"Asahi! I'm not gonna leave you. You can't let them control you. Just convince them you broke up with me, but we can just continue on with our relationship like normal."
"You're right...let's do that. I'm sorry Noya, it's all my fault, if I just kept my head down and followed orders, everything would be fine. But no, I wanted to leave and-"
"Hey, don't worry about it, okay? We're gonna stay together. I'll protect you, no matter what."

Suddenly the situation didn't seem so bad.

Until suddenly the door burst open, Daichi and Sugawara standing them, a gun in Suga's hand, pointed at Asahi's heart.

"H-how?"
"Aww sweetie, you thought you could get away with it? I put a secret microphone on your shirt and heard every little word you just said," Sugawara said, his voice dripped in malice. 
"Suga! Why are you doing this?!" Noya questioned.
"Move out of the way Noya, we can't afford to lose your talent."
"Why are you so against Asahi leaving? How does it affect you if he leaves? Or if we're in a relationship?!"
"Because, Noya, what I say, fucking goes. And I wanted Asahi to stay so I could torture him for the rest of his pathetic miserable life. But he has defied me one too many times, so he's now going to die," Sugawara replied. 

Sugawara put his finger over the trigger, teasing it. Asahi could only stare and wait for his demise. He was frozen in fear. Noya's eyes flickered over to Sugawara's finger, he was about to pull the trigger.

He moved just before the loud bang rippled through the room. 

Blood dripped out of the wound, heavily. The bullet pierced his heart. 

"N-Noya?" 

Nishinoya turned his head and looked over his shoulder, and smile on his face.
"I said...I'd always protect you," he rasped before he fell to the ground, blood pooling all around him. 
"NOYA!!" he screamed, pulling his limp body close to his, cradling him against his chest. Sobs escaped his throat and tears fell down his cheeks.

"Aww, how cute. He died for you. You know what, I'm gonna keep you around a little longer, so you can be tortured by his death. It's a shame to lose him but oh well, we'll find someone better. Oh! Isn't this fun Daichi? Look at his pathetic face!"