KiyoYachi - Actual Chapter

This is a college in Au, Kiyoko is a senior and Hitoka is a sophomore. Using Yachi's first name for this chapter.

.

.

Hitoka's hands fidgeted around the warm mug, she could feel her mother's gaze upon her.

"So, Hitoka, do you know why I called you here today?"
"N-no."

Mrs Yachi sighed, "The other day when you came over for tea and you went out for a phone call, I overheard some things that I want to clarify."

Hitoka's eyes widened and felt her heart skip a beat, that phone call was with Kiyoko.
"Yeah?" her voice was quivering.

"Are you dating a woman?"

Mrs Yachi already knew her daughter liked women, she's known since high school. But from her understanding, Hitoka was bi, not a lesbian, which is what she really was. Her mother had been not exactly supportive, but very expressive about how she would much rather Hitoka end up with a man who can support her.

"Y-yes, I am."
"Even after what happened last time? Honey, you know how much I care for your well-being. How do you know this girl isn't going to do the exact same thing?"
She didn't. She was terrified Kiyoko would be like her ex Kanoka, "Kiyoko isn't like that."
"Is she older than you?"
"She's a senior," Hitoka mumbled.
"That proves my point even more. How do you know she's not just using you for an experience before she graduates?"

Hitoka looked down, Mrs Yachi reached across and held her hand, "Hitoka, I'm only trying to do what's best for you. The real world is cruel and won't accept you if you're with a woman, you can't even marry her!"

(A/N: I'm not 100% sure since as I'm writing this I don't have any internet, but I don't think same-sex marriage is legal in Japan)

"She won't hurt me," she whispered.
"How do you know that? And if it's not her, it will be somebody else. There will always be someone against you. It's for your best interest to not continue your relationship with her."

.

.

"Hitoka-chan, you've been silent the entire time so far, do you want to go back to your dorm? I can walk you there." Kiyoko asked, pushing up her glasses.
"Yeah, I think I should go back home," Hitoka stood up, she had come by Kiyoko's dorm about an hour ago because she planned on somehow forcing herself to break up with her. But she couldn't bring herself to do it. So when Kiyoko offered to watch a movie, all she did was nod.

"Something's up with you," Kiyoko said and Hitoka stopped in her tracks.
"N-no."
"Yes, there is. Ever since you came back from your mother's house a week ago, you've been really distant from me. Did she say something to you...about us?"

Hitoka shook her head....but the thing is, Yachi Hitoka has never been great at lying. Kiyoko knew that. And she knew something was wrong. And it terrified her. She was afraid Hitoka would get tired of her just like Tanaka did.

"We...we can't be together anymore," she forced out before turning back and trying to run out but Kiyoko grabbed her arm and pulled her back.
"What are you talking about?"
"I told you," Hitoka said, biting her lip to hold back her cries.

Kiyoko sighed and released her grip on her, "Can I at least know why?"
"You're just using me aren't you?"
"Hitoka! Where did you even get that idea?!" Kiyoko asked frantically, her glasses sliding down her nose.
"You and Tanaka-san broke up not too long before we got together at the start of the year..and you graduate in a few months. Are you just using me to experiment before you graduate?" Hitoka asked, her breaths were shallow, she felt like she couldn't get enough air in. She was holding everything back and it was painful.

She was surprised when she felt a gentle hand caress the side of her face, Kiyoko was looking down at her, an expression upon her face Hitoka had never seen before.

"Hitoka-chan, I knew I liked girls even when I was dating Ryu. I would never use you. Ryu and I broke up because he realised he simply had an infatuation with me from high school and didn't like me any more than that. I was hurt, yes, but I had you. You were there for me when no one else was, I would never use anyone, let alone you."

The tears finally fell and Hitoka sobbed. Kiyoko pulled her in tight and kissed the top of her head.
"I-I'm sorry," she cried.
"It's alright."
"It's just-"
"Is it your ex? Or your mother?"
"Both. Kanoka was just using me to see if she liked girls and to help her get over her childhood crush. Turns out she doesn't like girls....or maybe she does but she just didn't like me."
"Well, I'm glad that she didn't want you because that means that I can have you now."

Hitoka blushed red and she was glad Kiyoko couldn't see her face right now.

"What did your mother say?"
"She said it's bad for us to be together. There's always going to be people who hate us just for who we like. I don't want you to be troubled for dating me!"
"Hitoka-chan, you and me being together will never be bad. Who gives a fuck what other people think, I don't as long as I have you."

Hitoka had never heard Kiyoko swear before.

I think we could do it if we tried
If only to say you're mine
Sofia{Hitoka}, know that you and I
Shouldn't feel like a crime

"You think so highly of me, even after I accused you of using me," Hitoka mumbled, her head still pressed against Kiyoko's chest.

"God, you have no idea what I'd do for you. Do you remember when we first met?"

"Yeah, it was my first-day last year and I bumped into you."
"That's right, you were flustered, your stuff flying everywhere, and when I helped you and handed you your things. Your face was a rosy pink. And after that, I couldn't get you out of my mind. I kept thinking, 'What was that cute girl's name?'."

"Really?"

"Of course. And luckily for me, we met again, at the library a few weeks later. And you told me your name, stuttering and you know...I heard you mumbled to yourself as I walked away, 'such a pretty lady'. I had to say, I was quite flustered to hear that."

Hitoka went even redder and hugged Kiyoko tighter, "I can't believe you heard me, I'm so embarrassed."
"Don't be. I remember being so happy when we became friends. I felt excited every time I saw you that I had never felt with Ryu. Do you remember, a few months ago, when we decided to go for a drive around the city at night?"
"Yeah."

"I remember sitting in the car, waiting for you outside your dormitory. I was nervous but then you ran out, your hair out for the first time, you were panicking that you had overdressed and do you know why I just stared at you like an idiot?"
"Why?"
"Because at that moment, I realised I was in love with you."

Hitoka pulled away and looked up at Kiyoko, totally surprised.
"Y-you love me?"
"Yes, I do. I, Shimizu Kiyoko love you, Yachi Hitoka more than anything in the world. And I wish to be by your side for the rest of time, that is, if you allow me to."
"Yes! Yes yes yes! I love you too!"

You know I'll do anything you ask me to
But oh my God, I think I'm in love with you
Standin' here alone now, think that we can drive around
I just wanna say how I love you with your hair down
Baby, you don't gotta fight, I'll be here 'til the end of time

Eh, I know it doesn't use the full song and doesn't really work well but whatever. 

 Also, I wanna know how fruity my readers are. So let me know a little about yourselves!

I'm pan and have been questioning my gender for the past year or so, I think I'm non-binary but I don't really know.