TsukkiYama (Fluff) Out Of My League

Now again, I always see Yamaguchi being in love with Tsukishima and longing for him. What if it was the other way around? That's right baby, Tsukishima believing Yamaguchi is out of his league. Enjoy. Listen to "Out of my league" while reading.

His eyes followed him as he ran down the court to grab a volleyball. He liked to watch as often as possible when he did his jump float serves. Even being in his third year, he still couldn't quite grasp how to do this serve. Yamaguchi would always just chuckle and say how he was way better at blocking so it was even. But he disagreed, he thought Yamaguchi was so much better, in so many different ways. 

His constant smile, his need to make sure everyone around him was okay even if he himself wasn't. Tsukishima had always envied Yamaguchi. He believed he didn't deserve to be friends let alone anything more with such an amazing person. Yamaguchi was there for him when his brother lied, when school was stressful or when he was just having a bad day. 

Even if he himself wasn't.

In some ways, he believes Yamaguchi has saved his life, many times over. Just small praise or a reassuring smile lets him know that yeah, life still is worth living. The pair had always been a little more than friends, but it wasn't until their third year that Yamaguchi was actually the one to make the first move and boom, they were official. 

But still, Tsukishima often finds himself wondering how the Yamaguchi Tadashi is his boyfriend. Even Akiteru was surprised when Tsukishima told him the two of them were dating. Thinking that Tsukishima would never get Yamaguchi. Sometimes he wonders if this is all just a dream. It must be if he has the perfect boyfriend.

'More than just a dream
More than just a dream

Forty days and forty nights
I waited for a girl {boy} like you to come and save my life
All the days I waited for you
You know the ones who said I'll never find someone like you'

But Yamaguchi Tadashi is better than any dream he could have. Yamaguchi Tadashi makes his heart beat so fast he thinks it may jump out of his chest. Yamaguchi Tadashi really is out of his league. 

'You were out of my league
All the things I believe
You were just the right kind
Yeah, you are more than just a dream
You were out of my league
Got my heartbeat racing
If I die don't wake me
'Cause you are more than just a dream'

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi's sweet voice pulls him out of his inner monologue. 
"Hey, Tadashi."
"I'm finished practising my serves and I was gonna close up the gym now." He explains, sweat dripping down his forehead as he held up the gym keys. 
"You don't even need to practice. You're the best at them anyway." Tsukishima complimented, turning his head so Yamaguchi couldn't see his blush.
"You're too Tsukki. Come on, wanna go to my house?" He asks, holding out his hand. At first the blonde is confused but soon it clicks and he slides his hand into Yams warm one. 

'From time to time I pinch myself
Because I think my girl {boy} mistakes me for somebody else
And every time she takes my hand
All the wonders that remain become a simple fact'

The two laid on the small hill in Yamaguchi's backyard, staring up at the night sky. Hands intertwined and shoulders touching, Tsukishima didn't think this moment could get any more perfect.

"I love you Kei."

Tsukishima choked on his spit.

"Jeez, Tsukki, calm down." Yamaguchi chuckled and tightening his grip on the blonde's hand.
"I love you." He repeated.
Tsukishima was wrong. This night just got so much more perfect.

"I-I love you too Tadashi."
"That's good. I got kinda worried for a second."
"Why?"
"I just think I don't deserve you."
"It is I that doesn't deserve you. You, Yamaguchi Tadashi, are out of my league."

'You were out of my league
All the things I believe
You were just the right kind
Yeah, you are more than just a dream
You were out of my league
Got my heartbeat racing
If I die don't wake me
'Cause you are more than just a dream

You were out of my league
All the things I believe
You were just the right kind
Yeah, you are more than just a dream
You were out of my league
Got my heartbeat racing
If I die don't wake me
'Cause you are more than just a dream

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
More than just a dream
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
More than just a dream
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
More than just a dream
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
More than just a dream'