IwaOi (Angst) Are You Bored Yet?

He stared out the window mindlessly, the blue light from the moon shining through, illuminating his figure. 

"Tooru, dinner's ready," a voice called. He was too lost in his thoughts to hear it. A tap on his shoulder pulls him out of his days, jumping slightly when he saw his fiance beside him. 

"Oi, why are you looking out the window again? I called you three times," Iwaizumi said, an annoyed expression upon his face. 
"Oh, Hajime, sorry. I didn't hear you," the brunette responds, a reassuring smile spreading across his face, neither of them can tell if it's genuine. 

Iwaizumi steps so that he is in front of Oikawa and faces him, his eyebrows furrowed. 
"What's wrong?"
"What do you mean Haji?"
"Don't give me that bullshit, I know something is up with you lately. Is it because of the wedding? Your family's reaction?" Iwaizumi asked, concern etched into his face.
Oikawa simply patted Iwaizumi on the shoulder, "Everything's fine. Just tired. Come on, let's go eat your delicious food."

This wasn't the first time Oikawa had changed the subject whenever Iwaizumi asked him questions. But he just brushed it off as nerves. Oikawa's family, well, his parents, in particular, weren't exactly supportive of his...relationship. He thought back on when he met with Oikawa's older sister a few weeks prior.

.

.

(ps: after finding out about oikawa's and kuroo's older sisters, I totally felt like they would be best friends, but in this..they're a little more than that. Also, Himari is just the name I picked for kuroo's sister, as well as Nao for oikawa's sister)

"I can understand why Tooru would be acting weird. Like, I was terrified to tell my parents about me and Himari getting married. Obviously, they weren't supportive but we just didn't invite them to the wedding," Nao explained, taking a sip of her coffee. 
"Yeah I guess, but I'm just really worried about him, he keeps brushing me off every time I ask what's wrong," Iwaizumi responded, running a hand through his rough hair.

.

.

The couple laid in their bed that night, Iwaizumi was tired and wanted to sleep, but he could feel how tense Oikawa was next to him. He could basically hear the cogs in his brain thinking.
"Stop overthinking everything and go to sleep. You have work tomorrow," Iwaizumi warned. Oikawa turned his head and his expression was grim.

"Hajime, will you regret marrying me? When we're all old and wrinkly, will you regret it? Regret wasting your life with me?"
Iwaizumi looked at him with a bewildered look, "What the fuck would make you think that? Come on, just go to sleep, you're going to get wrinkles with all this negative thinking."
"S-sorry."

'What's wrong?
You've been asking but I don't have an answer
How come?
I'm still thinking, let's pretend to fall asleep now
When we get old, will we regret this?
Too young to think about all that shit
And stallin' only goes so far when you've got a head start'

"Tooru, where do you want to go?" Iwaizumi asked his fiance a few days later. Oikawa looked up from his book, a confused expression upon his face.
"Why?"
"Well, it's our seven-year anniversary today. You didn't forget did you?" 
"No, I didn't...I kinda just wanted to stay in today, you know watch some movies, order takeout, watch the sunset from the balcony. Just something simple," Oikawa responded, avoiding Iwaizumi's eyes.

"Oh...that's it?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, I kinda expected you to be like super excited about going out and doing something. But anyway, I'm gonna head down to the shop. I'll be back."

Oikawa watched Iwaizumi leave and once the door closed, he finally sighed. He could literally hear the disappointment in Iwaizumi's voice and he felt terrible. His idea was stupid, what was the point in doing something you could do any night. 

.

.

The couple looked out at the sunset just like Oikawa said, Iwaizumi thought it wasn't that interesting. Like yeah, the sky was pretty, but it looks like that every day, it's not that special. Iwaizumi sighed and the smile on Oikawa's face faltered slightly. His warm brown eyes looked at Iwaizumi's disinterested face through his peripheral vision and this weird tightening feeling spreads in his chest. 

"I'm gonna go inside and order dinner," Iwaizumi announced, before turning to walk inside. Oikawa quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back.
"Wha-"
"If you're bored, just tell me."
"Tooru, no that's not it."
"Don't lie to me. Just tell me if this is too boring for you," tears threatened to spill from his eyes and Iwaizumi sighed before looking away.

'Cause we could stay at home and watch the sunset
But I can't help from asking, "Are you bored yet?
And if you're feeling lonely you should tell m
Before this ends up as another
Will you tell the truth so I don't have to lie?
Will you tell the truth so I don't have to lie?'

"I just want more, okay? This doesn't feel special! You've changed Tooru, you never want to go out anymore, yes, this was boring." 
Oikawa nodded and let go of his fiance's arm.
"Well then since I'm too boring, go find someone else to spice up your life," he muttered before turning back to the fading sunset. It's brightness quickly fading, just like the brightness in his eyes.

I know this is sucky and short but I just wanted to update since its been a few days. Also, let me know what your favourite soulmate au's are. Mine are: your soulmate can hear whatever music your listening/singing and when you draw or write on your body, your soulmate can see it and write/draw back.

EDIT: for angst soulmate au's, I like the one where your soulmate dies, you stop aging. Another one I like is feeling your soulmate's pain, specifically emotional pain