Suga + Hinata (Angst/Fluff)

This is a continuation of the last chapter.

He held on tightly to the younger hand as they sat in the waiting room, the faint familiar smell of the hospital filled Hinata's nose. It almost felt like deja vu for the small teen, but this time, he was with him. For him. Hinata felt his hand being squeezed tighter, looking up he saw the doctor standing there with a grim expression.
"Sugawara Koushi? And...Hinata-kun, what are you doing here?" It was the same doctor that treated the tiny middle blocker.
"Just here for a friend."
"Well, both of you, come this way." He didn't stand up by himself, the slight tug from Hinata reminded him to move. Together, they trudged down the white clean, too clean, halls of the hospital, trailing behind the doctor who was sick and tired of death. 

"Take a seat."
Hinata sat down first, then he did. His hands quivered in Hinata's, heart racing at the thought of being rejected from the surgery.
"So, Sugawara-san....Hanahaki disease?"
"H-how did you know?" He questioned.
"Pale skin, hallow cheeks, you're lips are strained red from the blood, you're voice is hoarse and scratchy. And, I'm the doctor that specializes in this horrible illness." The doctor explains, leaning on his large wooden desk, the name 'Dr Yamiako Tetsido' on a small panel.
"Can you treat him, Dr Yamiako?" Hinata asked, eyes widen and eager for the answer. Dr Yamiako sighed, rubbing his hand over the back of his neck.
"I need to know how long he has had it, otherwise if it's too late....I would be operating on someone who will die on the surgery table."
He felt his throat tighten, but not because of the usual suffocating feeling the flowers brought, it was fear that he couldn't be treated.
"I first started coughing up petals and flowers around...five weeks ago. I-is that too long?" He asked, hand clenching his kouhai's. The doctors eyes softened slightly,
"Well for everyone it's different, for some people, they die after 2 weeks, if you have lasted this long, I would say you're ok for surgery. But I need to run some tests first. So follow me to the next room. Hinata-kun, stay here, we will be back."

Hinata nodded and figeted in his chair as Suga hesitantly stood up and followed the doctor to the next room. He flinched and winced as the doctor prodded and poked him, taking blood samples and x-rays of his lungs. Dr Yamiako's blank expression didn't give him any hint on what th results were. 
"....Ok, come back into my office and we will discuss our options." The doctor said after is long pause.
The response made his hands clammy and his breathing quicken. The mere tone of the doctors voice told him that he should worry. With a quivering nod, he followed Dr Yamiako back into the office where Hinata was sitting, his own leg bouncing up and down, anxious for the response. 

With a sigh, the doctor started, holding up the x-ray of his chest.
"See here, that's the root. And all these lines is it spreading through your lungs. All these mis-shaped circles are the petals. I...I can preform the surgery but...there is a huge risk. Since it has spread, there is always the chance we either can't get it all out or we end up puncturing something we shouldn't. I will let you decide if you want to have the surgery or not, but, if you do pick the surgery, I need to know by the end of today. You're running out of chances." And with that, Dr Yamiako left the room to let him decide. 

The choked sob he had been holding back flowed out of him. Along with the tears came a fist full of bloodied petals out of his throat. A strangled cry gave with the pain.
"It...it hurts Hinata....so much." The said boy simply nodded and rubbed his back.
"I know Suga-san....I know." He clutched on Hinata's shirt and sobbed into it. Leaving not only tear but also blood stains on his poorly picked white shirt. 
"I don't know what to do. Either way, I end up dying for loving someone I shouldn't."
"That's not true. You can still survive. I was told the same thing when I was getting my surgery. I respect Kageyama and even though I did love him, I didn't want to die. I want to go pro. I want to meet new people. I want to be loved back. If I gave up and ended up being too afraid to have the surgery. I wouldn't be here right now would I? I'm not telling you what to choose but just think about it."

He wondered when Hinata became so wise. Maybe it was because he lost all the love he ever felt towards the first year setter. He was terrified. Terrified that if he survived the surgery, that he would never find someone who loved him back. Terrified that he would die. He had always wanted to become an elementary school teacher. Can't do that if you're dead. How could he face Daichi again after being the reason he suffered. Could he do that? He didn't know. But what he did know is that he had an amazing kouhai who was here for him. Here to support whatever decision he made. 

"Hinata. Did it hurt seeing Kageyama after the surgery?"
"No. Well, not really. There was this sense of emptiness at first. You know, I used to feel love when I looked at him and now that is gone. But, it went away pretty quickly when I started to see him as only as my team mate, maybe even a friend."
"I love Daichi. But he doesn't love me back. So I am going to find someone who love me back. And we will be happy. I will become a teacher. A-and I will survive the surgery." He responded, his voice was shaking and he wasn't entirely sure on his future, but, it's better to be positive. 
Hinata's eyes widened and a large smile spread across his face.
"You're going to do the surgery?"
And for the first time in a while, he smiled back.
"Yeah."
"Well. We need to tell the doctor. Come on!"
"Y-yeah. Let's go."