28. COCONUT HEAD

"You mean you falsely claimed that you have a whole damn human boyfriend? Are you freaking mad y/n?! Why would you say you have something which you've never had since birth!" Your Best friend Darla who has a short fuse starts to flip out over your ghastly lie on the other end of the line.

"Calm down sis, it's just a momentary lie I threw in a fit of pique. I concede, I reacted without forethought, but after taking a hard long look at the matter I realised that this is the most effective antidote to counterattack my family's foolish plans. So for now stop ripping out my eardrums and for once in your life use your non-existing brain and come up with a practical plan, alright?" You calmly explain your situation while peeping through the glass panels of Bang PD's office.

"Don't talk like I have an option here, if you gonna order around at least do that properly you jackass!" She snarls back.

"Scale down the decibel captain, your spit is spurting through my receiver!" 

"I wish it slathers all over your annoying face! You wanna ducking die?" Darla yells her guts out on the other end.

"Hmm...kinda!" Your voice tones down.

"Bro we already talked about this, stop nodding your head for every single chance you get to die. You're escaping nowhere without me, you're meant to rot with me on this horrendous planet so shut the duck up and roll your sleeves up. Let's sort it out together also what did your mom and dad say when they heard this otherworldly  lie of yours?" You could notice a streak of sympathy starting to seep into her words.

"They either might be waiting with a 7 tier cake to celebrate the successful beginning of my love life or with a seven-yard rope to hand me to death,  there is no in-between and I'm yet to confirm which option I'm blessed with." You could simultaneously discern the feeble sound of footsteps in your direction.

"Darla I gotta go now, I guess Bang PD is here. Will call you back in the evening, bye!"

"Yeah, sure! Don't think too much and stuff your face with food in the name of misery. Take care!" call disconnects with a beep.

"Good morning Ms. y/n!" Bang PD's vibrant voice chimes behind your back indicating his arrival and you sharply raise from your seat in reflex.

"Morning PD-nim!"

With a mile-wide smile, he proceeds towards his seat and flops over it.

"So, what's the matter manager nim? How's your job, do you like it?" He places several questions for which you don't know the answers yourself and continue to rove through the files over his table.

"Well, I guess I do like my job but…"

Your hesitation grasps his complete attention and his head hoists up disregarding the documents.

"Don't get me wrong but I think appointing me as his manager right after the betrayal of his trusted manager is like a red rag to a bull move, he downright hates me and I get thrown off every time he opens his mouth, his behaviour is all Greek to me. But I know something for sure, he hates me with all his heart though I don't know the exact reason behind his hatred. 

It hurts to see the man I once adored tossing me off like I'm nothing but a piece of trash without any specific reason. Out of all, you know how much I care for him but he is not ready to invest his trust again in me and every time he looks at me the cynicism in his eyes stabs every part of my system. Yet I'm wrapping my emotions just like you said and striving hard to become a good manager, but I must say I'm highly doubting of becoming one at this rate." You look close to tears and drop your head low with a weak sigh.

He lets out a sigh heavier than yours and closes the file in his hand, "y/n if I tell you now that I knew all these things would happen in future while appointing you for this job, will that make me sound like an insolent idiot?" He asks calmly, staring right into your soul.