49. SINFUL HUES

"Lee Kiara, my junior in high school. People would do anything to seize her attention, but it's still an unfathomable mystery how an egg head like me caught her eyes back in school. We were in a relationship for almost seven years, years fused with the varied memories of merry and melancholy!"

Namjoon leans over the steering wheel, his eyes fancying the muted shades of foamy waves ahead of him unceasingly rising towards the dark sky and tumbling down in a vain attempt.

"Kiara" you whisper feebly, "such a pretty name! what does it mean in Korean?" some vague feel dampens your voice and you continue in an undertone.

"First ray of sun. Indeed, she was my first ray of hope. From supporting my lunatic dreams to shattering my petty insecurities, she used to be the sunshine that illuminated the darkest days of my life." Namjoon's eyes are still wandering along the golden sand of the vast beach but his tone reveals few concealed details.

"Was she pretty?" in the darkness your hands wildly clutch your poor pant in reflex for asking such a half-witted question. Letting out a quiet chuckle he leans back to the backrest of his seat, his doleful eyes hoist, and lands over the car's bland ceiling, "her beauty... was like the newly risen sun, one could never resist the urge to stare at her and when they move on trying to distract themselves, it will leave them blinded by desires for hours."

Hearing such words of pure appreciation from the man who called you the most beautiful woman to walk on earth puts a damper on your half-diminished enthusiasm.

"What happe_" his head turns around in your direction before you could finish the question and his crescent eyes meet your curious eyes, "Y/n-shi, it's your turn now, truth or dare?"

"Truth! But this will be the last question, let's quit it with that."

"As you wish your ladyship! Now answer the question" his entire frame turns towards you, "let's say, your old bias falls in love with you now, will you accept his proposal?" his sharp eyes rustle up to read every feature on your face.

'Will I?' the question echoes inside you, arousing various risky ideas from the pit of your heart.

"NO!"

"Why would I? I mean yeah, I might look like a dotty person, but Namjoon-shi, I'm not that dense to take such imprudent decisions. I would never dare to do that even in my dreams!" the terror in your eyes says more than what you should've said.

"Y/n-shi, my question is will you marry your bias if he proposes to you, but you react as if I asked you to marry Jungkook himself, relax it was just a silly question." His eyes disappear among the crinkles as he lets out a hearty chortle.

Your heart misses a beat as he lethargically mentions Jungkook's name.

"It's been an hour exactly, where did this idiot go? He was the one who asked us to wait here right?!" you cautiously divert the prime topic towards Jungkook.

"Yeah, he asked me to pick you up and wait here when he left the shoot in haste, but why is he taking forever?" his eyes rove through the tinted glasses.

Timely your phone vibrates over your lap, "Namjoonshi, can you excuse me for a minute, I need to attend this call?"

"Yeah, sure y/n shi! But, be cautious, I already parked the car in a dark, secluded lane, stowing away from the public. There won't be anyone on the beach over there too, so don't go far away!"

Connoting your assurance with a soft nod you climb out of the car.

"Haan ma!" you proceed to walk in the murky lane while indulging in a conversation with your mom.