64. A KISS & A PROMISE

Apart from the monotonous hiss of the tires rolling over the rain-soaked road, no other sound dares to pierce through the heaviness suffusing the car. The driver is fiddling with the player, trying his best to play some latest tunes. The car drives past a street lamp, and Jungkook's flawless face glows for a second under the light with tons and tons of questions and regrets. Sitting beside him like a cold statue, you try to tame your wildly thumping heart which might get a bit louder. Though anger is still flowing through you like searing lava, desire threatens to swallow your entire conscience along with your anger.

When he dashed into the washroom back then, to get a better view of the work of art his lips left over your skin, you pushed him out in a swish and slammed the door on his face. Like anyone, he also suspected your anger for your feral behaviour and went back to the party with a long face. But no one would've guessed that it was not purely out of anger but a reflex action, prompted by your embarrassed self.

Later, he was sober enough to convince the entire drunken crowd and tagged along with you to drop you safely. By dint of sheer luck, all of them were plastered and barely registered anything happening around them, and definitely not the drama happening in silence, between you and Jungkook.

The jerking of the phone hauls you back to the car stuffed with awkwardness. Your sister's name flashes on the screen.

"Yeah Umai?" you sound lifeless like an autotune.

"WHAT?! WHAT THE_" the contrast in your voice now even surprises Jungkook.

"This is a fricking prank, right?!" You pause, hoping she'll say yes. But her silence knocks the seriousness of the situation into your stunned brain.

Without uttering another word, you hang the call abruptly. Both your hand hoists up in the air to ease your throbbing head.

"Wha...anything serious?" Jungkook's shaky voice enquires beside you.

You continue to knead your forehead in silence. A big sigh of exasperation escapes your nostrils.

"Y/n...are you oka_"

"I'M NOT!"

"And what happened?" concern and annoyance laced through his voice.

"My appa got to know about our contract set up and now he is going through a long list of young men to find a perfect match for his useless daughter. Does that answer your question?" You might resemble a raging bull, but who cares?

He looks too stunned to even utter anything. "But why would he..."

"Who knows? As if I don't have enough problems to deal with my dad is coming up with pleasant ideas to worsen my headache!"

"And what are you gonna do to stop him?!" he asks. The urgency and anticipation in his voice trigger your vengeance against the man who left you alone that morning. Your dark side raises from a deep slumber.

"To stop? Why should I?" Your eyes swing to your side to study his expressions. His Bambi eyes enlarge in surprise and his confused gaze halts on your smug face.

"Honestly, it's not that bad of a decision, anyway I need to find a man, right? My man!" his face strains at your last word. "And who knows, my father might find him before we both could. Actually, you should be glad, now with my father's additional aid, you can get rid of me as soon as possible. Ain't you happy, Mr. Jeon?" darkness engulfs his emotions at the moment.

You turn around without waiting for him to retort, feeling utterly satisfied with your come back.

Silence accompanies you, while the car glides past several street lamps shining like earthbound stars.