19. CRYSTAL GAZING

Tokki - Rabbit
Michin nom - crazy
Kajima - wait
• Italics - conversation in Korean

_

A/n: uneditted

_

Along with palmistry and astrology, crystal gazing was highly famous among mankind in the Victorian era. Divination of distant or future events with the aid of a ball of crystal might sound absurd and fictitious.

But at this moment, as you feebly lift your left cheek which is slumped against his warm torso and continue to gaze into the shimmering, Alexandrite pendant lounging over his expansive chest, you can foresee a future scenario where your sanity is splintering into eleventy pieces, due to a lavish sprinkle of awkwardness by your close-packed posture.

Strands of your untamed hair are still swirled around the chopstick in a firm grip, while few split ends are tickling his eyes and nostrils.

Cool breeze amalgamated with the earthy scent produced by the recent rain permeates the room through the French window and strokes your hair softly and makes your eyelids feel heavier, you could've slept there right away in that quiet ambience, only if your body was laid and rested over the soft velvet-like couch beneath this muscly herculean body of Jungkook, against which your body is laid over now.

But you can't deny the fact that your heart loves the warmness emanated by his rigid body and the inner fangirl who is standing in the doorway of the exit lane, slowly tries to walk back towards your heart.

No!

You can't allow her to enter your heart again, she will bring in a barrel of cringe-worthy memories and habits if she accesses your heart again, more importantly, you can't accept her irrevocable love for this guy if you want to stay true to your manager post.

This moment might feel like one of your daydreams from your teenage years came to life with the help of a fairy mother, but in reality, it's a satan's trick to sabotage your new persona and self-esteem.

You swiftly try to raise and release your body from the awkward position you both are crammed in over the couch, but in a flash, he pulls the same chopstick back again causing you to skid off and fall into a more awkward position, your nose bridge crashes over his shoulder joint and the pain it caused penetrates your mental anguish.

"Mr Jeon, leave my hair this instant if you wish to live a long life!" Your clenched jaw vibrates against his tattoo camouflaged shoulder.

"What if I say I don't wish to? Huh?" He asks monotonously

You tilt your head up and look up at his sculpted jaw which is right above your head, he is blankly staring at the fancy ceiling above. He might've said that just to tease you but something inside you says, he is not just playing.

"I don't want your crazy fans to rip off my head and burn me alive for killing you, please don't test my saturation point, I got neither energy nor patience." 

"Huh? Crazy? Ya! Who do you think you're to call my fans crazy, you grizzly bear! Apologise this instant before I pull every strand of hair off your scalp." His hot breath brushes your forehead.

"Jeon-shi, I already told you, I'm exhausted both physically and mentally. I don't know what's going on inside your mind or why you behave this way and I'm neither gonna probe your hidden reasons. All I'm asking is, stop tormenting me, please."

After talking to his bare chest all this while, your eyes levitate up towards his face to examine his reaction, promptly his eyes hoist down to your face which is placed over his chest.

His doe eyes converse with your almond eyes for fractions of a second, but your mind couldn't decode it. All you could see right now is, how beautiful and mesmerising his eyes are.

"Yahh tokkiiiiyaaa!" Someone hauls the glass door and barges.

"How many times should_ ," that guy's entire system freezes near the doorstep after witnessing the two entangled human bodies over the couch.

Snapping outta your little eye to eye talk, you both bounce from the couch in different directions.

"S..or..rry, I'll see myself out, you guys carry on. Sorry for the interruption." He staggers near the door and proceeds to exit with a scarlet face.

"Ya! Don't misunderstand! It was_" Jungkook tries to explain in a haste to avoid further misunderstanding.

"It's okay tokki, I understand but next time onwards please bolt up the door before getting into action." Gazing at the floor, he says timidly.

"Ahh hyunggg kajimaa! Yahh, Jeon Junghyun!!!" Jungkook yells and runs behind the ebony hair guy, but before he could get hold of him, he rushes out of the door.

"Ahh! he is gonna spin them a yarn about me having a girlfriend now, ugh!"

Them? Who?

"Who is..he?" You ask hesitantly, eyes still trailing over the floor's patterns in discomfiture.

"My elder brother. He will surely blabber something rubbish to my parents. Michin nom!" His eye shuts close in frustration and hand kneads the skin over his nape.

Woah! What a sight to witness the great Jeon Jungkook fearing someone apart from dispatch reporters.

Piercing noise of your ringing phone shrills through the night air.

"Yeah ma, I reached safely."

……...

"Huh, meeting files?" Throwing a nasty look at Jungkook you continue to strengthen your former lie with additional lies "yeah I collected them and will leave in a while."

Jungkook shoves his hands into his pockets and stands ahead, keenly listening to your conversation.

"Yaa why are you speaking in English, speak in your mother tongue, I'm curious about how it sounds!" He whisper whine like a 3-year-old, standing near you.

……....

"No, he didn't follow. I guess it was just my hallucination. So don't worry I might leave soon and will call you back once I reach home."

Sudden seriousness engulfs his face.

He grabs the phone from your hand and presses it against his chest.

"Who followed you?" His tone walks between curiosity and fright.

"How do I know? I felt like someone was stalking me, so I called my mom for moral support. But no one was actually following me, I guess it was just my hallucination."

"Listen! From this moment onwards if you ever feel like someone is stalking you, in a flash, you should call me for whatever moral support bull crap you say, alright?" 

Though you have 1734 points to argue about, the seriousness in his face prompts you to nod your head in acceptance.

"And now, you're not going anywhere" disregarding your stupified state he places your mobile over his ear.

"Hello mam, Jungkook speaking. Y/n's boss. Hope you're doing well. Sorry for the inconvenience but I would like to make y/n stay here in one of our office quarters considering her safety and security. What do you say?"

Stay? Overnight? Well seems like he doesn't know much about brown parents, does he?