71. WELCOME VICE PRESIDENT

Bang PD's face looks serene & sober as he lies motionless against the clean pillow of the hospital. Even after wiping it clean, the subtle trace of blood is still painting his forehead red. The room smells fresh and citrusy, overlapping the rustic smell of his blood smeared in your hands. A nurse in holy white came in a few minutes ago with a tray full of assorted pills to check his vitals and promised you that he will wake up anytime soon.

You softly lay your head on the table beside his bed and continue to gaze at his face, wondering what kinda shady business he is rolling in to deserve this kind of hurt. Maaran observes both of you from the couch, a small sigh escapes his nostrils.

You hop up in your seat as you notice a feeble trace of discomfort suffusing Bang PD's face, his eyelids flutter open and his eyes slowly swirl around perceiving the strange surroundings. "PD'nim are you okay? Are you fine? Call the nurse! Call the doctor!" you continue to pass orders to Maaran in panic and he barges out of the room to call them.

"Y/n'shi!" Bang Shi-hyuk's voice sounds fragile as if it might break if he slightly increases the decibel, "I'm fine, don't panic!" he says with his usual calming smile. His IV-plastered hand holds your shaking ones.

You slide back into your seat with a sigh of exasperation and relief. You take a look at his amiable face and tears start to pool around your round eyes on cue. "You scared the bejesus outta me, what in the world happened, PD'nim?" tears roll down your cheeks and leave a trail of saltiness over your lips.

"Please don't cry, my child! It is not what you think it is! I'll tell you everything when I return to the office, I swear. But for now, keep this a secret from everyone, especially Jungkook! Please!" He squeezes your hand emphasizing his desperation.

Timely Maaran enters the room with a pair of nurses followed by a senior doctor. The doctor proceeds to check his vitals and a nurse asks you to leave as the visiting hours are over. You limp out of the room and when you turn around, Bang PD's pleading eyes bids you goodnight.

"Ouch!" you flinch in pain as you strain your left ankle subconsciously.

"What happened y/n? Are you hurt somewhere?" Maaran makes you sit in one of those waiting chairs and concern swarms his face.

"Nothing serious! I guess my ankle is hurt."

"Wait, I'll bring a doctor!" He raises in haste like a spring doll.

"Calm down Maara! A pack of ice will do the magic, don't panic!" You try to calm him down. "Just help me get to the car. It was a long day. I need some rest." you say and continue to smooth out his crumpled collar.

-

Before any maid could rush to the main hall, Jungkook pauses his game and runs towards the door as the calling bell continues to ring annoyingly. Maaran stands on the threshold carrying you like a rolled mattress in his hands. Jungkook takes off his headphones, his brows are quizzically curved. Visible confusion occupies his face.

"Can you step away from the way? I'm carrying a distant relative of rice bags in my arms!" he says nonchalantly earning a tight slap across his chest from you.

He steps back and silently watches you being carried to your room on the first floor. He stands near the door and contemplates whether to climb the stairs or not until he hears a peal of loud laughter erupting from your room. Brimming rage dissolves his inhibitions and hesitations, he strides towards the stairs. But before he could reach the room Maaran walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

The smile on Maaran's face disperses the moment his eyes meet Jungkook's fuming ones. The raging aura forming around them peaks the scale as they both walk towards each other. Anyone in the vicinity would've thought they were going to gouge out each other's eyes, but instead, Maaran walks closer to Jungkook, "Her ankle is sprained, I wanted to help her with that. But she firmly stopped me. If you don't mind, please hand her a bag of ice. Her ankle is badly swollen!" He swallows his pride, just to inform Jungkook about your injury.