53. DONGSAENG? DONGSAENG!

A/n:

* Dongsaeng - younger sister

* Hajima - Stop it / don't do it

* Arasso eomma - Okay mom.

-

He stands across you with a smile, the smile he custom makes only for you. In this world of feigned emotions, Joe's smile always emerges from the pit of his heart, laced with warmth and fondness. If life ever coerces you to feel lordly about something, it will be his usual impassive eyes arching into a sweet smile whenever it lands on you.

"Mr. Chickenbutt!!!" you run into his arms and your arms snake around his neck. He gleefully chuckles at your goofiness.

"Yaa... don't snap off my neck!" he says trying to haul back his cold self, but the atypical smile plastered over his lips fails him pathetically.

You let go of him from your life-threatening hug with a sulky pout.

He inclines close towards your face and peers at the frayed scar on your lip. His subtle sigh of woe grazes your forehead. "And what about this?" he steps back, his gaze still lingering on your face.

"I... "you fumble for words as hesitation blocks your throat.

"So, that was an attack, not a silly accident!" he starts to walk towards the rest of the crew and you trudge behind him like an old man doggo.

"How did you know?" element of surprise suffuses your voice.

"I got my own source buddy!" his glazed face says nothing much, "Is it worth your life y/n, this job?" the seriousness in his voice halts all those doltish replies waiting at the tip of your tongue.

"Alright, I don't want to distress you more right now, ponder over it and when you return from this trip, I need a solid answer for your decision!" by this time you both have reached the rest of the members, while staffs are busy loading the baggage, BTS and Sejin stands there staring at you guys as if they're witnessing a dragon giving birth to a dinosaur.

You nod in silence as you know you cannot pin down the persuasive reason he is demanding for even if you return back from Narnia after decades, you hoist your head slowly only to realize how you both witlessly revealed your bond to the audience watching you guys in a stupefied state, except Jungkook who is immersed in a call.

You expect Joe to panic just like you, but his arm warmly enshrouds around your shoulders and drags you towards the crowd, leaving you utterly clueless about the motive behind his action.

"Are you guys_"

"Please take good care of my dongsaeng!" before Taehyung could finish the question induced by his curiosity, Joe abruptly cuts him off in mid-sentence and continue to talk in his usual monotonous voice, specifically staring at Namjoon's dumbstruck face.

'Dongsaeng?' unfathomable happiness washes over your soul.

"Uhm... yeah, sure thing!" not able to stomach Joe's piercing gaze Namjoon subtly stutters.

Joe nods in reply and turns around to face you. He hands the flask of Espresso to you and softly clasps your shoulders, "Listen, you dumbo, don't be clumsy as always, stay cautious and fight back using those magic tricks_"

"Varma Kalai!" you say through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, yeah!" he softly chuckles and continues, "use that Varma whatever to protect yourself, don't get your ass kicked again!" he says in low voice. "You do know how important you're for me right? I'll never forgive you if you ever allow anyone to hurt my stupid dongsaeng!" he flashes his heart-melting smile and his hands tumble down releasing you from the brotherly hold.