74. COLLISON OF DESIRE

Like a hem that collected all the dirt around the world, your heart weighs heavy with all the truths you heard from Bang PD. Knowing the truth has put your mind at ease, but the regret swelling in your heart seems to clog your throat. With a face and expression that compels people to worry about your well-being, you drive back to Jungkook's house, where you're staying right now. Even the metal door knob covered by icy coldness fails to invoke the sharp sensation in your numb system and the sensation sadly lingers, leaving a residual feeling of coldness on your fingertips as you enter the dark room. Since all the reflexes and muscle memories have been momentarily dismissed, your hands stay rested on your handbag instead of reaching out to the light switches.

Resembling a statue that escaped from a collapsing museum you halt in the darkness and stare into the void with your mind full of thoughts overlapping each other. A pair of arms engulf you from behind, one slithers over your waist and another seals your mouth.

"Welcome home!" his hoarse voice and hot breath stimulates something in you that even the cold door knob failed to. Your brain was supposed to be alerted by this sudden intrusion but the familiar cologne invades your nostrils and instructs your brain to relax and repose.

Despite all the grievous thoughts colonizing your mind, you feel a surge of happiness blossoming inside you. Savoring the warmth of his body against yours, you softly try to remove his hand from your mouth. But he resists.

"Let me just savor this moment with you in my arms. What if everything that happened yesterday was nothing but a dream?"

Despite the rush of joy coursing through your veins, with practiced ease, you mask the emotions behind a demure smile. You softly take his hand off your mouth, and turn it around to plant a kiss of love.

"It was as real as this kiss" Your gaze lingers on him for a moment, lips curling into a smile tinged with a hint of shyness. The redness suffusing his cheeks and ears would make a remarkable shade of cosmetic blush. Ruffling his hair affectionately, you sink into the nearby couch. An exhausted sigh seizes Jungkook's attention.

"Are you coming from office?" Although his question is about the office you know his brain is commanding him to ask about the reason behind your weariness.

"Yeah, had a meeting with PD'nim." A feeble smile tries to ease off his worry but fails miserably.

"Okay... but you look...drained. Did something happen? Is everything alright?" he asks oblivious to the collision happening inside you.

NO! You want to yell at his face and run into his arms, seeking the solace that your soul needs like a starved child. But what can you tell him when he asks the cause? You can't tell him that to save his life you have to sacrifice yours; he'll go berserk. 'I'll not allow it!' he would cry and fate would laugh at him from the corner.

'Only you can save his life y/n, you need to stay by his side, but you won't be able to save yours. That is what I saw in my vision. But if you want to change your destiny, you can run right away. The moment you leave his side, your tangled fates will unravel. That way the knife hanging over your head can be dodged. But remember when you dodge it, it'll strike Jungkook.' PD'nim said.

Poor fellow, he thought I'll run for my life? What is bound to happen, will happen. And if it's my life that is going to save my beloved's, then let it be. Let fate do what it is meant to do.

Jungkook crouches near you, his worried eyes brimming with curiosity and concern. An uncanny smile forges over your lips to deceive him as you continue to ruffle his hair gently.

'Anything for you, my love' your heart whispers.

_

The room buzzes with laughter and chats as the group is getting ready for a Lotte commercial shoot. Amidst the gushing environment, you stride across the brightly lit room in haste with a bunch of papers that contain the schedules, scripts, and other requirements. Fortunately, you find Sejin indulged in some pretty serious conversation with Hoseok's stylist.