65. FATE OR DESTINY?

"Don't tell me you're still living in that apartment!" Bang PD's face stretches as his stress distends after hearing about the murder attempt that happened last night. Obviously, you skipped the intimate parts while narrating the scene, after all, you don't want to lose your job.

"Do you think, I would be brave enough to even use the washroom in that house again? Jungkook brought me to his house last night and his mom asked me to stay there until we find me another apartment." Your hand delicately wipes the glass panel with his name engraved upon it.

"How sweet! Did you meet his parents?" he sounds like that one nosy neighbour who yearns to know all the tea happening in the neighbourhood.

"Mr Jeon is out of town for the next two weeks, Mrs Jeon is the opposite of Jungkook. What a sweet lady! My god, she is gonna make me a diabetic."

"I know, I know, she is such a warm person, the ideal mother-in-law every girl desires!" though he says it nonchalantly with a calm smile, the word mother-in-law unleashes a bunch of butterflies in the pit of your stomach. You try to drink the herbal tea which is piping hot to numb the weird feeling clogging your throat.

"And Y/n, you're all prepared, right? We will be leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow."

"Is that even a question, Sejin Hyung explained to me how important this event is gonna be!" you abruptly abandon the hot tea and erect in your seat like a school kid on her entrance exam.

"Did he? What did he say?" he mirrors your enthusiasm and questions you like a dad with a sneaky smile; his eyes disappear in a sweet curve.

"I heard that all the idols from the music industry will be gathered in a grand arena, various entertainment events will be conducted and..." Your voice dampens to a mere whisper,

"Various informal meetings will be held in disguise between business partners, and I need to be very mindful about whom I'm associating with!" your strange face gesture makes you both look like a couple of mafia members discussing kidnapping babies.

He breaks into a big proper laugh. "He really did educate you about all these nonsensical things! My child, you don't need to be so distressed, it's me who will be walking on eggshells the following week. You just hang out with our members and enjoy the party. Who knows, when we return from this trip you might leave this Korean industry for good and fly to Hollywood."

He says the last line with a conviction that convinces even you for a millisecond. After all, working with Hollywood idols sounds like a far-fetched dream, but this is how you used to think about meeting Korean idols back in high school. Now you're working with them. Seems like dreams don't stay as dreams forever.

"As if Taylor and Beyonce are queuing up in front of the house to hire me, I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm employed in Bighit entertainment. PD'nim, tell me honestly, have you ever regrated recruiting me? Like ever?"

He lets out another big laugh, "That's a bit funny coming from you, y/n. Especially after what you went through last night! You tell me y/n, don't you resent me, for putting you under the claws of evil? Even after knowing what happened to Jungkook's former manager and that he is on the brink of death now, what made you stay here? Be honest with me Y/n!" his voice drops to a gravely tone that you can't decipher.

At that very moment, your heart impulsively aches and yearns to let him know about your undying feelings for Jungkook. Even if it puts your job in a risky spot, you want to tell him about your true intentions behind sticking with Jungkook despite those life-threatening experiences. But before you could do something stupid enough that might ruin your perfect job, a voice filled with dark rage interrupts.