47. FROZEN SALMON

"Though our footsteps may be out of step

I want to walk this path with you

Still with you"

His silvery voice lulling the tapering crescent dimly shining in the starry sky ceased to an end and he continued to stare at the untamable dark sky. Timely you stirred in your sleep; the rustling sound of your dress dragged his attention towards you. He leaned in your direction; his solemn gaze halted over your impassive face. A heart-wrenching sigh escaped his throat and brushed the strands of curls scattered over your forehead.

"Why don't you run away from me? What more should I do to chase you away from my cursed life?" moist tears accumulated around his doe eyes, a bead rolled down his cheek and softly splattered over yours. He quickly wiped off his tears and his thumb gently effaced the trace of the teardrop on your cheek.

"Good night y/n!" he feebly whispered and rolled to his side.

Jungkook laid on his back beside you and leisurely stretched his arms and legs. His fretful eyes wandered in the ethereal blackness of the night sky as if he could find the answers to the questions corroding his heart in there.

He compelled his eyes to shut so that he could dive into the tranquilness of the sleep, escaping the vileness of the reality for few hours. But his eyes shot opened the next minute when a head rolled over his stretched arm and rested over his sturdy bicep. His breath hitched when your face rested inches apart from his stupefied face. Hauling his dispersed conscience, he tried to delicately pull off his arm from you but your unconscious self lethargically threw an arm around him and tugged him closer like a fluffy pillow.

With enlarged eyes, he laid there like a marble statue, in a paralyzed state as his every move triggered you to move closer to him. Gingerly he folded his other hand and placed it down his head.

He tried to disregard your presence and attempted to shut his eyes to seek rest from his exhaustion. "Appa...Appa..." your faint whisper again heisted his sleep. Your pounding heart, trembling hands, and eyeballs fidgeting inside the shut closed eyelids notified the symptoms of a sudden panic attack.

He quickly turned to your side and started to pat your hair softly in an affirming way. He slightly lifted his hand in which your head was rested over and gently cradled you in his arm. After few compressed moments, the crease lines caused by anxiety on your forehead waned and you relaxed back into your slumber.

He gently placed his hand down along with your head and languidly laid on his back as relief washed over his body. His head alone turned in your direction, an apologetic gaze occupied his tired eyes as he realized that day's happenings was the reason behind the stress which induced the attack.

Without retracting his hand back from your head, he slowly slipped into a deep sleep while squirming in his clashing thoughts.

"Jungkook ah!" his brother's voice bows out his mind from last night's scenario.

The little smile induced by the memories of last night quickly cascades down his lips as he turns around from the glass window to meet his brother. The slender guy clad in a sleek suit hastily enters the room with a hard disk in his hand.

"Here you go, this contains yesterday's footage, but why do you need it, any problem?" he sharply scans Jungkook's face.

"I just need to confirm something about our guest list, nothing serious! Also, why early in the morning you are dressed like a decent man which you're actually not?"

"Shut up you little shit, I have a board meeting to attend, dad is already waiting for me in the office, I need to leave asap!" he checks his reflection on the glass window behind Jungkook and turns on his heels, and leaves the room in a swish.