58. DEAR DIARY

A/n: Hi reader-nims, this is not a usual chapter. Since I'm neck deep in work, my days are hectic af and I couldn't find time to write long chapters like usual ones. So, I updated a special chapter which might be a bit short, but something is better than nothing, right? :)

Happy reading!

_

'28.08.2௦XX

Dear Diary,

It has been three months since that evening. The evening, which changed my whole life. Am I allowed to be this happy? This is the question that often crosses my mind these days. My life is up to the hilt in merry. Every minute I spend beside him feels like a fairy tale, too good to be true. We still fight over food, bicker over silly things, and every single day we have nothing better to do than brawl. But contrastingly, it feels like with every fight our bond is augmenting without an iota of hate.

These days he often crashes at my place, plays cards with me at ungodly hours, gets drunk and weeps over my lap, claims Cookie as his son, helps me to paint my toenails, chops vegetables when I cook, and whatnot. We bear a strong resemblance to every couple you would see in rom-coms. But, we're yet to label our relationship, it's neither friendship nor love, it's somewhere between these two which neither of us could pinpoint.

It's as if, with every passing day we both are trying to figure out what can be done with our sickeningly sweet desires in the bitter reality of life. Among us, it's predominantly Jungkook who seems to be suppressing his feeling. Something inexplicable is tweaking his hesitation whenever he tries to proceed on with his feelings. He consciously forges an illusive boundary between us and never allows himself to traverse it, driving me to repress my own feelings.

What's going inside his mind still remains unfathomable to me, but every time he looks into my eyes, I witness the guiltless passion suffusing his doe ones. I learned to wait, wait for his heart to unfurl like a sprouting leaf in spring. I can wait for him this whole life, if he stays beside me, grinning like an idiot at all my antics. He doesn't talk about his crush anymore; she is no more alive in our conversations. But thinking about her still sends chills down my spine. What if one day she suddenly shows up like Kiara and claims my world as hers? My worst nightmare right there.

Remember how I pointed my finger at fate on my first day of the job, placing all the blames on its head? It was indeed fate. My lips are already stretching into a smile as I think about all those lunatic things Jungkook did in the past. He really tried his best in pulling off that bad boy facade, but our beloved Taehyung snitched on him like a fifth-grader and helped me to see through his flimsy mask. Though he is still nagging me about my bias, I really owe Teahyung a lot.

Joe and Jungkook are still emitting the energy of a cat and a dog whenever they walk into the same room, glaring and growling at each other. But, in my eyes, they're nothing but a couple of clowns. Talking about clowns reminds me of Darla, my bestie. I'm yet to inform her about my change of heart and I'm too scared to let her know, I don't want one more psycho killer on my tail.

His family barring his mom, still believes that I'm his girlfriend. Apart from his maternal grandparents and his mom, none of them even know the colour of my skin. And my family, on the other hand, barring my mom, still thinks that I'm living together with my Korean boyfriend, who is yet to reveal his face. At this point, he is more scared of my family than Dispatch. Everyone around us thinks of us as something which we are not. His hyungs think we're always at each other's throat, manager Sejin even claims that there will come a day when one of us would end up in prison as a murderer. In precise, the whole office thinks we both are dead set against the idea of working together. Despite knowing it all, we chose to let them believe that deceptive image of our bond.

Whatever vile is on his tail, I have sworn by myself to be his dame in shining armour and eventually, I have developed an instinct to protect him. He has unlocked a new chamber in my heart, which has been desolated all this while and he will stay in there forever. And_'

"Yah Goma! Are you writing a historic novel or what?" Jungkook appears at your side, placing his hands on hips like a heavily pregnant woman.

"And the Great king Jeon Jungkook couldn't find something in this huge mansion with a single bedroom, what's that your highness?" you close the diary in haste and turn around with a nonchalant face.

He scratches his nape with a sheepish grin, "I couldn't find Cookie boy's food bowl, where is it?"

A wild sigh escapes your nostrils at his bird brain which forgets everything that is not music notes and bone-breaking choreographies.

"Yah! don't give me that look, I surfed through the entire house but I couldn't find the sacred place you chose to hide his bowl!" he yells animatedly in defence.

"Did you look under_"

"the fridge!" he completes the sentence with zeal as if he solved a hard puzzle.

"Tch! I don't know how I'm going to live the rest of my life as a manager of someone as dumb as you, at this point I'm pitying myself!" you take off your specs with another exasperated sigh.

He stands and stares at you like a raging bull, "Y/n you know what? I have feelings for you!"

Something bursts in the pit of your stomach, you look up at his towering figure, "You do?"

He leans forward and whispers beside your ear, "Yes, I feel that you're damn annoying."

He pulls off the scrunchie holding your hair in a pony and scoots away, "Cookie-yah, papa got your bowl!"

'As I was saying, I won't hesitate to choke the life light outta that jackass if I get a chance.' You close the lid of the pen and slam shut the diary.

_

A/n: Hope you guys liked it! My apologies if it disappointed you. Will update a bigger and better chapter soon! <3