50. SWAPPED EMOTIONS

If anyone enters the room at the moment, they would witness an unlikely scene unfolding in front of their eyes, where a fierce tiger is trembling beneath a witless deer, vaguely staring with her doe eyes, utterly disregarding her flimsy thighs that are firmly pressing either side of his tiny waist.

Mint and Americano's fused sigh departs his warm mouth as the tension suffusing the air causes his nostrils to block the free flow of oxygen.

You negligibly gaze into the abyss of his tensed iris with a fool's smile, heart still dancing to the rhythm of victory for stopping this Heracles with your latent strength, failing to detangle the ankles collapsed with his slender ones.

But when his mobile placed on the nightstand starts to vibrate in silence, it hauls your mind out of the triumph cloud and drives you to realize the distressing position, you're holding him in.

His dilated eyes drift from your clueless eyes and slowly skim across your face, a glint of lewdness flashes through his eyes when it finally halts over your swelling lip,

"The mole beneath your lip...is very..."

he gulps air to form the words and gazes back into your eyes shimmering like the sea,

"enticing"

his sensuous whisper smothers your conscience with sinful hues.

You've been this close to him considerable times since the very first day you became his manager, but today it feels different. Every time your furious rage prompted by the hatred towards Jungkook will shapeshift itself into an invincible barrier and puts a screeching stop to any other feelings bubbling up from the pit of your heart.

You look for that rage in every nook and corner of your heart to construct that barrier, but today, to your dismay you find it entirely wiped out without any trace left behind.

The gentleman who once enveloped your shivering body with his blazer is to be blamed for.

As the realization slowly starts to ooze in, your body shudders due to overwhelming emotions. Those hands which have been sternly supporting your body from colliding against his torso are not sturdy anymore and the palms firmly pinning his arms against the bed try to slack off. A strange feeling of guilt washes over you as you try to overlook the pleasure blooming in every cell of your body by his close proximity.

You try to rise up from the minacious position the moment it hits that your body is endearing to shift closer to him, but abruptly he yanks and pulls you down and hovers over your shuddering body. Your stretched eyes land over his angular face and that's when you notice it.

The swapped emotions.

It's not just you who is struggling with all these new emotions and sensations flooding into your system like a toxic poison, his eyes also reflect the vehemence of his emotions. Similar to your barrier-building rage, his eyes always tend to hold a huge gob of tease and mockery whenever he gets close to you, which emphasizes that he is trying to get the best out of your irritation, nothing more. But right now, as you gaze into his glistening eyes emitting nothing but genuine passion, you can comprehend his change of emotions, though you can't fathom what they are.

Lust?

LOVE?

You internally shake off your head vigorously at the absurd thought.

It can't be love. You're cent per cent sure about it. When he has a pretty crush, who might be a stunning celebrity living beneath the same sky, why would he fall for someone as ordinary as you? Especially considering his standards for every single thing in life, you can assure yourself that you can't even climb into his favourites list.